Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cedar Breaks - Best at Sunrise or Sunset/Both?  (Read 3202 times)

Canon5D_

• http://www.pbase.com/caesar77
Cedar Breaks - Best at Sunrise or Sunset/Both?
« on: July 23, 2010, 02:27:46 pm »

We'll be visiting Cedar Breaks for the first time in September at the end of our vacation.  From what I've seen online it looks more spectacular than Bryce if that's possible.  We'll have limited time to explore though it is a small monument.  Any preference between sunrise or sunset?

framah

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 03:32:39 pm »

I remember CB because the elevation got to me and I could hardly get to the edge and back to the car as my head was about to explode. Beautiful place, what little I could see in that short time.
I would think of looking at topo maps of the place and see which part faces which direction.
"It took a  lifetime of suffering and personal sacrifice to develop my keen aesthetic sense."

hubell

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 03:37:51 pm »

Quote from: framah
I remember CB because the elevation got to me and I could hardly get to the edge and back to the car as my head was about to explode. Beautiful place, what little I could see in that short time.
I would think of looking at topo maps of the place and see which part faces which direction.

Late afternoon/sunset is when you want to be there. Bryce is more spectacular at sunrise, though sunset is pretty magical as well.

Canon5D_

• http://www.pbase.com/caesar77
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 12:39:07 pm »

Thanks for the responses.  Though sunrises and sunsets are beautiful I prefer the softer light just before sunrise and after sunset.  Each has it's own character upon the sandstone.  As far as the elevation go's we've hiked Haleakala which is above 10K.  It didn't bother me but my wife has COPD.  I don't expect we'll be doing any hiking at CB so the exertion level won't be very great.   Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up