Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP with Epson Stylus Photo R1900  (Read 1121 times)

JacobHunt

HELP with Epson Stylus Photo R1900
« on: July 23, 2010, 01:04:41 pm »

I purchased an Epson Stylus Photo R1900 in the spring and have had varying results with my prints (digitally colored ink illustrations... not photography).  I was very happy with some prints I made on Moab Entrada rag paper using the appropriate ICC profile.  (All of this color management and profile stuff is fairly new to me.)  However, I replaced a cyan cartridge and now an image that had a bluish-green background is printing with a very blue background... not green at all.  

Any troubleshooting tips?  I didn't change any print settings that I'm aware of.  I hate to think that simply changing a print cartridge can have such a drastic effect, but this seems to be the only variable that is different.

Randy Carone

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 02:05:33 pm »

Does a nozzle test print look OK?
Randy Carone

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 03:46:43 pm »

Also: how old is the new cart that you installed?
Eric Chan

JacobHunt

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 01:14:16 pm »

I ran the Auto Nozzle Check and Cleaning utility, which led to a manual nozzle cleaning.  And that did the trick.  I guess I expected those utilities to deal with gaps or streaks in prints... not uniform color changes.  But now I know.  Probably the problem arose because it'd been over a month since I really printed anything, and apparently you need to print a few pages a month to maintain quality.

(The replacement ink cartridge was manufactured in December 09, so I doubt its age was a factor.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up