Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rodenstock/Schneider digital lens for product/food  (Read 2657 times)

JonathanBenoit

Rodenstock/Schneider digital lens for product/food
« on: July 23, 2010, 08:12:16 am »

I'm basically just jumping into this with very little experience with this type of photography, so I'm looking for recommendations on lenses.
If you could choose the best two lenses for this, what would they be?

Thanks

klane

• I live in a c-stand fort.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 03:09:20 pm »

The 80mm and 120mm make a good combo. The 120 is blazingly sharp, the 90 is as well but if you are only buying 2 lenses might be a touch close to the 120. Ive used most of the digitars and they do not disappoint.  I would avoid the 60mm due to it's small image circle though.  Overall I'd recommend a combo of 80/120 or 90/135.

HarperPhotos

• http://www.harperphoto.com
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 06:17:12 pm »

Hello,

I am using a range of Rodenstock Rodagon and APO-Rodagon enlarging lens with a Horseman VCC converter with a Mamiya 645AFDII camera using a Leaf Aptus75 back.

The results that I get with my food and drink photography is spectacular.

A sales lady I spoke to in the UK who sold Linhof kindly got in touch with Rodenstock in Germany as I can not speak the language and she inform me that they said that in some circumstance the Rodagon lenses can out perform the Rodenstock APO-Sironar Digital lenses.

Cheers

Simon
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 05:22:51 pm by HarperPhotos »
Simon Harper
Harper Photographics Ltd
http://www.harperphoto.com
http://www.facebook.com/harper.photographics

Auckland, New Zealand

JonathanBenoit

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 07:39:15 pm »

Quote from: HarperPhotos
Hello,

I am using a range of Rodenstock Rodagon and APO-Rodagon enlarging lens with a Horseman VCC converter with a Mamiya 645AFDII camera using a Leaf Aptus75 back.

The results that I get with my food and drink photography is spectacular.

A sales lady I spoke to in the UK who sold Linhof kindly got in touch with Rodenstock in Germany as I can not speak the language and she inform me that they said that in some circumstance the Rodagon lenses can out perform the Rodenstock APO-Sironar Digital lenses.

Cheers

Simon

That's very interesting. I'm not sure how Rodagon lenses would perform on Toyo vx23d with a 22 mp back. I don't know of anyone else using the same camera.

epatsellis

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 10:10:29 am »

Quote from: JonathanBenoit
That's very interesting. I'm not sure how Rodagon lenses would perform on Toyo vx23d with a 22 mp back. I don't know of anyone else using the same camera.
I use a Sinar P with a Dicomed FieldPro (predecessor to the Betterlight 6K) scanning back and the majority of my tabletop work gets shot with either Rodagons or Componons.

While I have the usual assortmet of Symmars and the like, for tabletop work the Rodagons and Componons are just special.
I'd imagine for a single shot back you'd have to either: use Componons (the fit into standard sized shutters, just screw in) or use something akin to my Sinar Shutter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up