Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: Hasselblad Xpan kit, w/center filter, Kirk QR,recently overhauled, $1350  (Read 2432 times)

Peter Latner

For sale is a Hasselblad Xpan with 45mm lens. The camera is clearly cosmetically-challenged, due entirely to the finish having worn off badly--common to this model.

But mechanically and optically it's perfect. I bought it several months ago, knowing that the LCD on the rear didn't work. What I didn't know was that it, and the lens, needed a complete overhaul. I sent it to Nippon Photo Clinic in NYC, an authorized Hasselblad repair facility, which did the work, including a new back door & LCD, lens alignment, and more. Total repairs were $519, and I'll include the repair order/invoice to the buyer. (I also have a scan of it which I can send to anyone interested.)

After having used it for a while, I just can't get comfortable with the panoramic shape. It's a great camera--very user-friendly, with an incredibly sharp lens, but it's not for me.

Included is a lens cap, strap, Kirk QR plate, and the center filter. (There was a shade, but sadly, I lost it somewhere in the tall grass of South Dakota.).   A word of warning about the filter: The glass is noticeably scratched, so I'm considering the filter a free bonus item. But if you've read this far, you're not here for looks. Despite the scratch, I've not seen any ill effects on the images. The glass on the lens, by the way, is great--no marks scratches, etc--and the optical quality is extraordinary. The pictures here were taken before the camera was repaired, so keep in mind that 1) the back that's in the photos has been replaced and 2) the shade's no longer available.

Price is $1350, plus any postage and PayPal fees. I haven't done much on this forum, but I've bought and sold quite a bit on photo.net,  APUG, Large Format Forum, Rangefinder Forum, and the big auction site (peterlat)..
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 02:56:45 pm by Peter Latner »

Peter Latner

sold.
Quote from: Peter Latner
For sale is a Hasselblad Xpan with 45mm lens. The camera is clearly cosmetically-challenged, due entirely to the finish having worn off badly--common to this model.

But mechanically and optically it's perfect. I bought it several months ago, knowing that the LCD on the rear didn't work. What I didn't know was that it, and the lens, needed a complete overhaul. I sent it to Nippon Photo Clinic in NYC, an authorized Hasselblad repair facility, which did the work, including a new back door & LCD, lens alignment, and more. Total repairs were $519, and I'll include the repair order/invoice to the buyer. (I also have a scan of it which I can send to anyone interested.)

After having used it for a while, I just can't get comfortable with the panoramic shape. It's a great camera--very user-friendly, with an incredibly sharp lens, but it's not for me.

Included is a lens cap, strap, Kirk QR plate, and the center filter. (There was a shade, but sadly, I lost it somewhere in the tall grass of South Dakota.).   A word of warning about the filter: The glass is noticeably scratched, so I'm considering the filter a free bonus item. But if you've read this far, you're not here for looks. Despite the scratch, I've not seen any ill effects on the images. The glass on the lens, by the way, is great--no marks scratches, etc--and the optical quality is extraordinary. The pictures here were taken before the camera was repaired, so keep in mind that 1) the back that's in the photos has been replaced and 2) the shade's no longer available.

Price is $1350, plus any postage and PayPal fees. I haven't done much on this forum, but I've bought and sold quite a bit on photo.net,  APUG, Large Format Forum, Rangefinder Forum, and the big auction site (peterlat)..
Pages: [1]   Go Up