Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video in CS5  (Read 1952 times)

BobFisher

Video in CS5
« on: July 21, 2010, 04:03:25 pm »

I've got a clip that I want to apply the 'fake miniature' effect to.  Just playing around, trying some things out.  I know how to apply the effect generally but not specifically with video clips.

If I import the still image sequence, it shows up as a single layer.  With the animation panel open, I can play the clip.  Effects such as Curves or H/S that can be applied on a separate layer will be applied to the entire clip.  Effects such as this fake miniature which are applied on the base layer only get applied to the first image in the sequence.  

I can't seem to figure out how to put that blur effect on a separate layer such that it gets applied to the entire clip.  I assume there is a way to do it and I'm just missing it.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Bruce Watson

• http://LargeFormatPro.com
Video in CS5
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 11:16:53 am »

To be clear, you are talking about After Effects CS5, yes? My understanding (limited as it might be) is that After Effects is the Photoshop of video. Does many of the same things Photoshop does for a still photograph, but with an algorithmic understanding of a series of frames instead of a single frame. IOW, you define how long the effect lasts and it applies the effect to the underlying clip(s) for that length of time -- as a layer on top of the clips.

I'm not sure, in After Effects, how you could get an effect to work on a single frame but I supposed you could. If you did I'm not sure how you'd see it since it would go by in 1/24 of a second or faster. Which is why I wanted to confirm that we're talking about After Effects.
Bruce Watson
[url=http://achromaticarts.

BobFisher

Video in CS5
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 02:41:39 pm »

Hi Bruce.  No, I'm talking about Photoshop.  You can do some editing of video within PS (since CS3 if I recall).  

After Effects and Premiere (Pro) work together for a lot of things.  Some things you can do in both but are easier to do in After Effects, for example and some things you can only do in After Effects.  I can get what I want in AE but I've only got a trial version.  My main NLE package is Sony Vegas.  Doing things like this in Vegas take a lot of steps and working in Vegas (and most NLEs for that matter) isn't as intuitive as PS.  If what I want to do can't be done in PS, so be it, and maybe it can't.
Pages: [1]   Go Up