Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: epson 3800 driver help  (Read 995 times)

briphoto

epson 3800 driver help
« on: July 21, 2010, 08:37:12 am »

Hello,
I will be updating my macpro to snow leopard soon. I print with an epson 3800 that I purchased new in October 2007. The software cd that came with the printer was damaged so I downloaded the driver and utilities from the epson web site. How can I identify which driver I have, I know I need to have V6.11 for snow leopard and if I do need to update the driver should I "delete" the printer from the printer list before installing the new driver or does the installer just replace the old driver? So where on my mac or on the printer lcd can I find out which driver I have running now?
Thanks,
Brian

na goodman

epson 3800 driver help
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 08:47:13 am »

Go under the apple to about this mac/click on more info/and then click on printers and you will see your driver version. There recently was an extensive thread about loading the snow leopard driver and the 3800. http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=44911

briphoto

epson 3800 driver help
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 09:33:56 am »

Thanks for the info.
Brian

Doyle Yoder

epson 3800 driver help
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 01:10:28 pm »

Quote from: briphoto
Hello,
I will be updating my macpro to snow leopard soon. I print with an epson 3800 that I purchased new in October 2007. The software cd that came with the printer was damaged so I downloaded the driver and utilities from the epson web site. How can I identify which driver I have, I know I need to have V6.11 for snow leopard and if I do need to update the driver should I "delete" the printer from the printer list before installing the new driver or does the installer just replace the old driver? So where on my mac or on the printer lcd can I find out which driver I have running now?
Thanks,
Brian

Check this thread out for the proper way to install Epson drivers and for a link to the latest driver.

http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=44911

Doyle
Pages: [1]   Go Up