Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: H4D-60....is here  (Read 16196 times)

hmmm

Re: H4D-60....is here
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2010, 05:22:44 pm »

"Not a pro at all yet" (and your user name is "Professional) and you bought a $42,000 camera to replace your $22,000 camera? Must be nice to have $64,000 spare dollars to play around with. I guess people in Dubai have more money than they know what to do with.

pcunite

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2010, 06:00:02 pm »

"Not a pro at all yet" (and your user name is "Professional) and you bought a $42,000 camera to replace your $22,000 camera? Must be nice to have $64,000 spare dollars to play around with. I guess people in Dubai have more money than they know what to do with.

Everyone starts out at different stages in life. To some, a 5DII is more than they will ever be able to afford. Just be glad you can visit this friendly forum and learn a thing or two. What kind of camera do you have currently?

Jeff-Grant

• http://www.jeff-grant.com
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2010, 06:23:13 pm »

Who knows? He may enjoy it more than making uninformed, judgemental comments on places like this.

Actually, your numbers are wrong. The H4D 60 was available as an upgrade at far less than the full price but why let the facts spoil a good story.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 06:26:46 pm by Jeff-Grant »
Cheers,
 Jeff  www.jeff-grant.com

ondebanks

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2010, 07:17:46 pm »

Well, "hmmm", welcome to the forum. But I think it's sad that you used your very first post here to ridicule someone else and their country. Are we to expect more of the same? Are you just a hurler on the ditch?

Professional

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2010, 12:31:53 pm »

Thank you very much!
There are non-pros can afford digital MFs, and many nowadays even affording Canon/Nikon/Sony/Leica top lines, so it is not about i must be a pro to have a camera that cost even $100k, you have money go for whatever you want and never look at that you must be in higher level or a professional, and one day i can be a professional if i work for it, i shoot sports in my country and they paid for me even it is not my main living job, but i am always ready to shoot for living when it is the time.

Regards,
Tareq

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2010, 04:12:03 pm »

Thank you very much!
There are non-pros can afford digital MFs, and many nowadays even affording Canon/Nikon/Sony/Leica top lines, so it is not about i must be a pro to have a camera that cost even $100k, you have money go for whatever you want and never look at that you must be in higher level or a professional, and one day i can be a professional if i work for it, i shoot sports in my country and they paid for me even it is not my main living job, but i am always ready to shoot for living when it is the time.

Regards,
Tareq
I think the H4D-60 is the ideal choice for entry into MFD... or any Hasselblad system you can upgrade or expand... I, too hope to upgrade to H4D-60 soon.
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

jduncan

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2010, 05:08:57 pm »

""Not a pro at all yet" (and your user name is "Professional) and you bought a $42,000 camera to replace your $22,000 camera? Must be nice to have $64,000 spare dollars to play around with. I guess people in Dubai have more money than they know what to do with."

This is funny. Almost nobody cares about the camera. Almost nobody asked for tests or impression, but people do care abut the credentials of the owner?
I don't know if it is a hate Hasseblad issue, or maybe "my milkshake better than yours", or whatever. But it's really funny.
english is not my first language, an I k

Professional

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2010, 01:46:45 pm »

I think the H4D-60 is the ideal choice for entry into MFD... or any Hasselblad system you can upgrade or expand... I, too hope to upgrade to H4D-60 soon.

Not necessary, there is H3DII-31 and Mamiya ZD and even H4D-40 as entry in MFD, same with Phase One with P54+ and P30+ and so, H4D-60 is very new and too much to pay for, same as P65+, so i don't think it is an ideal for entry, but ofcourse if someone can do that then no harmful, i started with H3DII-39 actually and traded-in for H4D-60, i couldn't even start with H3DII-50 last year when it was available.

Professional

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2010, 01:50:04 pm »

""Not a pro at all yet" (and your user name is "Professional) and you bought a $42,000 camera to replace your $22,000 camera? Must be nice to have $64,000 spare dollars to play around with. I guess people in Dubai have more money than they know what to do with."

This is funny. Almost nobody cares about the camera. Almost nobody asked for tests or impression, but people do care abut the credentials of the owner?
I don't know if it is a hate Hasseblad issue, or maybe "my milkshake better than yours", or whatever. But it's really funny.

You are right, they don't care about the gear because many here can do it by themselves, so they care much about the owner or photographer, if he is experienced and well known then they want to see his reviews about any gear he will get, but if he isn't then they will not look at his reviews even if he has the unique only camera in the world, but i hope i am wrong in this here.

In all cases, i love the camera and i will use it for fun myself and i don't care if others really want me to write about it or not, at the end i don't have that kind of work that people really care about me to talk about the gear i used, H4D-60.

pixjohn

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2010, 02:51:15 pm »

I am all for rich people buying into MF digital. It helps sales and innovation.

Arminw

• http://www.arminweisheit.com
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2010, 04:57:31 am »

I remember when I was at college studying photography, the big question always was "what sort of equipment should one get"? Our teacher responded with, buy the best equipment you can afford . If you like shooting Digital Medium Format and you happen to have the funds to buy into the H4D60, so why not? There is no reason to be jealous! We all take pictures at the end, and if we are any good it doesn't matter what camera we used, it's the image that counts .
You can't depend on your eyes when your

Will Ophuis

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2010, 05:37:56 am »

I always find it funny when people think they have the right to tell you how to spend your own money, I bought my Blad by working hard, I want my Images to be of the highest quality possible so I bought a Hasselblad. Hope you're enjoying the Camera Tareq!  ;D
Hasselblad H4D-40.

www.williamophuis.com/blog

Professional

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2010, 01:43:21 pm »

Yes, i am enjoying my camera very much, even using it for something important to me, family and friends.

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2010, 06:53:43 am »

The man told me that there are only 2 H4D-60s in the UK, one at ProCenter and one demo with the reps.

A Google search for "H4D-60" reveals nothing (in 150,000 results)... you would have thought that someone would have published a hands-on review by now?

Tareq... have you got some daylight or studio pictures you could post?

The man says that he is surprised how much better the H4D-60 is compared to the H3D11-50... but we will have to set up some meaningful comparisons against the P65+
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up