Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mac snow leopard and epson 3800 upgrade advice  (Read 1618 times)

briphoto

mac snow leopard and epson 3800 upgrade advice
« on: July 19, 2010, 03:35:33 pm »

Hello,
I'm preparing to upgrade from leopard to snow leopard 10.6.4 on a 2008 MacPro desktop. I print with an epson 3800. My plan is to upgrade the Mac, then upgrade to epson driver V6.11, then install the epson common updater V7.0. My question is what is  that epson printer drivers V2.4 on the apple update page? Do I need that in addition to the latest epson driver and common updater?
Thanks,
Brian

JohnHeerema

• Dr. John Heerema
    • http://www.heerema.ca
mac snow leopard and epson 3800 upgrade advice
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 09:04:06 pm »

Quote from: briphoto
Hello,
I'm preparing to upgrade from leopard to snow leopard 10.6.4 on a 2008 MacPro desktop. I print with an epson 3800. My plan is to upgrade the Mac, then upgrade to epson driver V6.11, then install the epson common updater V7.0. My question is what is  that epson printer drivers V2.4 on the apple update page? Do I need that in addition to the latest epson driver and common updater?
Thanks,
Brian

Yes, I've used the same combination (Mac Pro + 3800 + Snow Leopard). First install the 3800 driver, then the 7.0 common updater.  In the printer preferences control panel, select the Bonjour driver (on the "default" tab), as direct IP printing doesn't seem to work. You don't need the Apple update (I have not installed the latest Apple update myself, as I recall that the last Apple update was for the Guttenburg driver, which is quite different).

Good luck!
Pages: [1]   Go Up