Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPF5100 Roll Cutting  (Read 1630 times)

mcmorrison

iPF5100 Roll Cutting
« on: July 18, 2010, 07:41:33 pm »

Hello,

What experience have folks had with the roll cutters in the 5100 cutting heavier papers like Hahnemuhle Photo Rag 308, or Epson Premium Canvas Matte?

I had an 8100 and it had trouble with these and wonder if the 5100 is the same/better/worse.

Thanks!

Michael

neile

• http://www.danecreekfolios.com
iPF5100 Roll Cutting
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 07:53:51 pm »

Quote from: mcmorrison
Hello,

What experience have folks had with the roll cutters in the 5100 cutting heavier papers like Hahnemuhle Photo Rag 308, or Epson Premium Canvas Matte?

I had an 8100 and it had trouble with these and wonder if the 5100 is the same/better/worse.

Thanks!

Michael

I've never had trouble cutting thick papers with it. I generally print on Ilford GFS or Hahnemuhle FA Baryta. Of course, as with all 5100s, mine leaves a slightly crooked edge at the leading end of the cut. Such is life with this beast

Neil
Neil Enns
Dane Creek Folio Covers. Limited edition Tuscan Sun and Citron covers are now in stock!

mcmorrison

iPF5100 Roll Cutting
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 08:20:39 pm »

Hello Neil,

Thanks!

Glad to hear that the 5100 cuts relatively well. Perhaps the shorter bar length (vs 8100) makes the difference.

Yes, I remember the crooked leading edge now as well. How do you handle this? Do you leave extra border and then recut with a Rotatrim? Or?

Thnaks!

Michael

Quote from: neile
I've never had trouble cutting thick papers with it. I generally print on Ilford GFS or Hahnemuhle FA Baryta. Of course, as with all 5100s, mine leaves a slightly crooked edge at the leading end of the cut. Such is life with this beast

Neil

neile

• http://www.danecreekfolios.com
iPF5100 Roll Cutting
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 08:44:57 pm »

Quote from: mcmorrison
Yes, I remember the crooked leading edge now as well. How do you handle this? Do you leave extra border and then recut with a Rotatrim? Or?

I live with it. It gets covered up by a mat anyway.

Neil
Neil Enns
Dane Creek Folio Covers. Limited edition Tuscan Sun and Citron covers are now in stock!

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
iPF5100 Roll Cutting
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 10:34:57 pm »

Hi,

The IPF5100 has a particularly vicious little cutter that in my experience will pretty much cut anything - including thick Polyester film materials.

Thick heavy weight fine art matt papers are just not a problem for it. I was regularly printing on Hahnemuhles very think Museum Etching and it cut this with ease.
Wild Nature Photo Travel
Pages: [1]   Go Up