Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't locate twain drivers in CS5  (Read 4008 times)

NigelC

Can't locate twain drivers in CS5
« on: July 17, 2010, 05:57:25 am »

I need help!  Having just installed CS5, when I click on "Import", it doesn't recognise the twain drivers for my scanners, i.e. Nikon Scan 4 and Silverfast. When I revert to CS2, all is well so no problem with connections.

Any ideas?

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 07:51:09 am »

Quote from: NigelC
I need help!  Having just installed CS5, when I click on "Import", it doesn't recognise the twain drivers for my scanners, i.e. Nikon Scan 4 and Silverfast. When I revert to CS2, all is well so no problem with connections.

Any ideas?

Did you change from 32-bit to 64-bit Photoshop? Have you tried to delete and re-install Nikon Scan and SilverFast - perhaps they will pick-up the linkage to CS5 on a re-install. If that doesn't work, for the SilverFast case I suggest you send a support request to Lasersoft Imaging through the SilverFast website.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

NigelC

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 09:11:29 am »

Quote from: Mark D Segal
Did you change from 32-bit to 64-bit Photoshop? Have you tried to delete and re-install Nikon Scan and SilverFast - perhaps they will pick-up the linkage to CS5 on a re-install. If that doesn't work, for the SilverFast case I suggest you send a support request to Lasersoft Imaging through the SilverFast website.

No CS5 installed as 64 bit on desktop, but laptop running 32 bit XP Professional. Will try re-install Nikon Scan but Lasersoft don't seem to acknowledge my registration so not optimistic of being able to re-install. Glad I didn't remove CS2!

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 10:25:45 am »

Quote from: NigelC
No CS5 installed as 64 bit on desktop, but laptop running 32 bit XP Professional. Will try re-install Nikon Scan but Lasersoft don't seem to acknowledge my registration so not optimistic of being able to re-install. Glad I didn't remove CS2!

With SilverFast as long as you have a legal serial number you can re-install it using the same serial number
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

na goodman

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 11:01:26 am »

Here is a link about the plugins installed with CS5 and optional ones you can download from Adobe to install. The twain driver is a download. http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/828/cpsid_82824.html

AFairley

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 10:32:50 pm »

If you have a CS4 install, copy the twain plugins from it into the import-export plugin folder in CS5

na goodman

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 11:10:07 pm »

That doesn't work.

NigelC

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2010, 05:02:44 am »

Quote from: na goodman
That doesn't work.

Haven't tried that but think easiest thing is just to use CS4 for importing scans.

AFairley

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2010, 01:07:42 pm »

Quote from: na goodman
That doesn't work.

Ahem.  I did exactly what I described 2 days ago and it works fine, as a matter of fact.  You have to remember that TWAIN is supported only in 32-bit CS5 (and I think 32-bit CS4), so you have to fire up the 32-bit version to import from the scanner using TWAIN.  Then save and reopen in 64-bit for further editing if you need to edit in 64-bit mode.

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2010, 06:59:01 am »

I'm traveling and cannot confirm this, but I think I read somewhere that the TWAIN drivers are now only in Illustrator CS5 -- so you can scan directly into illustrator, save the file and then open it in Photoshop to edit there if desired.  

And apologies in advance if this is not correct...
Jack
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/
Pages: [1]   Go Up