Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Roll paper in a 3880  (Read 2403 times)

AaronD

Roll paper in a 3880
« on: July 16, 2010, 04:31:28 pm »

I am wanting to print on paper cut from a roll so I can fill a sheet that will be 17 x 27" (image size 16x24") and am a little worried about buying expensive paper and not being able to make it work.  Even with cut sheets, I will a lot of times get a "paper not aligned" warning" - I have to hit the paper eject button and put the sheet back in exactly as I did before (to my eyes, anyway), sometimes more than once, until it's happy the paper is straight.  If it's as sensitive as all that, how in hell am I going to cut an edge square enough to please my machine?  I'd like to hear from 3880 users who have done bigger sheets successfully, and would appreciate any tips you might have.

Thanks in advance!

-A

Gemmtech

Roll paper in a 3880
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 04:49:41 pm »

I do it all the time, as a matter of fact I just bought a cheap roll of banner paper today for $6.00 and cut it into 17" widths x 24"-37" lengths, it worked fine.  Just make sure it's flat and extend the cheap, plastic alignment guide; it'll work.  

Randy Carone

Roll paper in a 3880
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 05:11:09 pm »

I've printed panos on Museo's 365gsm 13" x 40" paper on my 3800 with no problems. When I feed into the rear feeder I put downward pressure on the paper and keep the pressure on the paper as the printer pulls the paper in. Once you get the "feel" of the how the printer pulls the paper in, your success rate should go up.
Randy Carone

BillK

• http://
Roll paper in a 3880
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 10:05:10 am »

I have encountered head strikes with some papers if they are not perfectly flat.
Alignment wasn't an issue for me.
Some paper companies sell 17x25 sheets, thats what I use for 16x24's.
I found trying to de-curl rolled paper too much of a hassle. Of course if you want
sheets longer than 25" there is no other option.

Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up