Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon iPF 6300 and printing from Lightroom 3  (Read 2514 times)

tashley

Canon iPF 6300 and printing from Lightroom 3
« on: July 15, 2010, 06:34:15 pm »

Hmmm, I read the review here just as my z3100 was giving up the last of it's many ghosts and thought it sounded pretty good. It arrived today and was a really good setup - great instructions and clear processes, all bodes well until you try to, er,  print.

I downloaded, installed in the right place and was able to have recognised by LR the correct ICC profile for my Hanny German Etching but when I set the Print module of LR (Color Management tab) to load the icc profile, all looks good until I get into the printer driver (V 2.21) dialogues, under Color Matching the options are grayed out and I am forced to use Color Sync rather than Vendor Matching. I think that's wrong... but does anyone have a clue how this printer gives best results from LR - there seems to be nothing on the web anywhere at all!

Any help will be rewarded with beer or sake, your choice, if you're ever in Sussex!

Tim
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 07:25:32 pm by tashley »

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 07:14:17 pm »

Quote from: tashley
all looks good until I get into the printer driver (V 2.21) dialogues, under Color Matching the options are grayed out and I am forced to use Color Sync rather than Vendor Matching. UI think that's wrong... but does anyone have a clue how this printer gives best results from LR - there seems to be nothing on the web anywhere at all!

Any help will be rewarded with beer or sake, your choice, if you're ever in Sussex!

Tim

That is the way it is supposed to be. Then under Main/Color Mode it should be defaulted to No Color Correction. This means that when you set applications to manage color the driver automatically is set to do no color management.

Doyle

tashley

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 07:28:37 pm »

Quote from: Doyle Yoder
That is the way it is supposed to be. Then under Main/Color Mode it should be defaulted to No Color Correction. This means that when you set applications to manage color the driver automatically is set to do no color management.

Doyle

Thank you very much... brainstorm here as a result of too much new technology in one day. That makes sense, and the fact that my first print came out all cyan and magenta must have been an ink-flushing thing rather than a color management thing because all seems peachy now...

Do you know if you can get any better results by printing from the Photoshop plugin? So far to me it looks as if LR is just as good but then the paper I am using is rather impressionistic!

I really appreciate your having taken the time to help!

Tim
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 07:29:06 pm by tashley »

Clearair

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 03:13:39 pm »

Quote from: tashley
Thank you very much... brainstorm here as a result of too much new technology in one day. That makes sense, and the fact that my first print came out all cyan and magenta must have been an ink-flushing thing rather than a color management thing because all seems peachy now...

Do you know if you can get any better results by printing from the Photoshop plugin? So far to me it looks as if LR is just as good but then the paper I am using is rather impressionistic!

I really appreciate your having taken the time to help!

Tim

I use a canon iPF6100 with the PS plugin and see no reason except for work flow if you never leave LR or in my case Aperture to do it any other way. It was one of the reasons I bought this printer.
So try it as it has useful features like print history settings which I import to a repeat job on the same paper to get an exact copy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up