Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New firmware: ALL Phase One P+ Backs  (Read 2111 times)

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
New firmware: ALL Phase One P+ Backs
« on: July 15, 2010, 11:18:21 am »

Today Phase One has announced a new firmware (5.1.2) for all P+ backs. This brings support for many CF cards not supported in earlier firmware versions. This includes new cards such as the Sandisk Extreme 32/64GB (60/90MB) and Lexar 300X 16GB.

Note to tethered shooters: while I don't know yet of any specific problems are known it is a generally good idea to keep your software versions and firmware generationally similar. For instance I would not recommend using brand new firmware with fairly old software. So if you're not using Capture One 5.x.x I would recommend you either update C1 or don't update your firmware.

General note: working pros who rely on their cameras for their living should never be in a big rush to install anything new (software, OS updates, firmware). Should there be any issues with this firmware updater Capture Integration will post a note on our website. Subscribing to our RSS feed is the best way to get such updates.

More information and links to download

Doug Peterson
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe
Buy Capture One at 10% off
Personal Work
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 11:22:15 am by dougpetersonci »

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 12:07:08 pm »

Quote from: dougpetersonci
Today Phase One has announced a new firmware (5.1.2) for all P+ backs. This brings support for many CF cards not supported in earlier firmware versions. This includes new cards such as the Sandisk Extreme 32/64GB (60/90MB) and Lexar 300X 16GB.

Note to tethered shooters: while I don't know yet of any specific problems are known it is a generally good idea to keep your software versions and firmware generationally similar. For instance I would not recommend using brand new firmware with fairly old software. So if you're not using Capture One 5.x.x I would recommend you either update C1 or don't update your firmware.

General note: working pros who rely on their cameras for their living should never be in a big rush to install anything new (software, OS updates, firmware). Should there be any issues with this firmware updater Capture Integration will post a note on our website. Subscribing to our RSS feed is the best way to get such updates.

More information and links to download

Doug Peterson
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe
Buy Capture One at 10% off
Personal Work

This issue was posted on our website as part of our blog and RSS feed some time ago:

http://www.captureintegration.com/20...mpatibility-2/

Steve Hendrix

Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 12:35:59 pm »

amsp

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 02:26:40 pm »

So, are non-plus backs no longer supported with new firmware?

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 02:45:52 pm »

Quote from: amsp
So, are non-plus backs no longer supported with new firmware?

Correct.

JDG

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 02:57:46 pm »

Quote from: dougpetersonci
Correct.

Plus and non-plus backs have always had different firmware

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 03:38:35 pm »

Quote from: kdphotography
Steve, this link might be better:

http://www.captureintegration.com/2010/02/...ompatibility-2/

Thanks Ken.
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

michele

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 03:31:09 am »

Many thanks for the link and info!
Just updated my back, i had a very old firmware, something like 2.03... now the camera seems to be faster !?

michele

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 09:07:55 am »

I report an other problem. I updated this morning the firmware. Used the 120mm macro, everything ok. Then i changed the lens, mounted the 80mm push the button to shot the camera makes crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and the iris of the lens is closed, i can't open it. I mounted the 35, the 120, the 210 and also my old 50mm shift. everything works good, but the 80 mm is still closed... suggestions?
One thing, my back has never reconized the lens on the body, i have the phaseone 645 AF. In the exif file i don't see which lens i used, to see it i have to change the mode of the camera from M to Tv or from Av to Tv etc. In fact with captureone i can't set the aperture and the shutter speed of the camera. I think it's a firmware problem, infact in my camera i can't see which version i have installed.... Help!

DavidP

• papas.com
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 12:02:44 pm »

I am using 5.1.2 mostly except when using the stitching back with my P45+ on a view camera. I have to use 3.7 for that, will the new firmware prevent me from tethering with 3.7?

Jack Varney

• http://
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 08:04:12 pm »

Quote from: michele
One thing, my back has never reconized the lens on the body, i have the phaseone 645 AF. In the exif file i don't see which lens i used, to see it i have to change the mode of the camera from M to Tv or from Av to Tv etc. In fact with captureone i can't set the aperture and the shutter speed of the camera. I think it's a firmware problem, infact in my camera i can't see which version i have installed.... Help!

Michele, I live in Florida (think salt air and heat) and sometimes the exif data is not communicated to the back, in my case P45+ back, because the contacts between the Mamiya 645 AFD and the back need cleaning. Perhaps in your case, it is the contacts between lens and body that need cleaning or repair.
Jack Varney
Pages: [1]   Go Up