Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My first film camera and it's a Bronica GS1 - Have several pano questions.  (Read 938 times)

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com

I received my Bronica GS1 yesterday and it is beautiful. The condition is pristine if not brand new looking. Was used seldomly in a studio in California but rarely the past ten years. I am not sure what year this was manufactured but it was sure taken care of. Has the 100mm lens. I started photography with digital so mf film is new to me.  I wanted to go from my present digital equipment to MF digital but want to give this a go for the experience first.
Shoot mosly landscapes and quite a few panos. Would love to try some stitched panos and want to see if I can make this work. Am thinking of 3 or 4 images wide which will get me in the 6 x 17 or 6 x 24 range. Most panos are far away vistas so not much movement happening in the image. I will be shooting off a good tripod using my Nodal Ninja 5 head. If I shoot 4 images wide. I will get them developed and then scan them with my Epson 750 pro. I use Autopano Giga for stitching and have a very powerful Mac Pro for processing. Any kinks that anyone sees that may make this not work. This is only for fun and not a paying gig so I just want to see how it goes. I have one open wall in the gallery I would like to hang a very large pano shot on film printed with my Epson 9900. I expect the scanning and stitching to be somewhat of a pain but if I like the results I may get a 6 x 17.
4 rolls of Kodachrome 64 came with the camera but I was told no one can develop them anymore. I ordered a 5 pack of Velvia 100 (No 50 in stock) so that is what I will be starting with.
Suggestions and comments welcome.

PS. After a little research I found Dwaynes in Kansas City but they only develop 35mm Kodachrome.
They sent me to Film Rescue in North Dakota and they do only B&W.
I may have to chuck the Kodachrome 64 unless someone else can help.
Its dated 1996 so maybe its not a good idea to fool with it.
Just slightly out of date.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 06:15:51 am by Dan Berg »
Pages: [1]   Go Up