Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEC 2490WUXi2 and Lacie 324 (2010 perspective)  (Read 2286 times)

danCohen

NEC 2490WUXi2 and Lacie 324 (2010 perspective)
« on: July 14, 2010, 10:14:10 am »

Hi,

I am about to purchase a monitor for use editing photos (as well as general computer work). I am a pretty serious non-pro and I am looking to invest in a great quality monitor but am having trouble deciding between the NEC 2490WUXi2 and the Lacie324. I've spent many hours reading the dozens of forum posts that attempt to address this monitor match-up. It may seem this issue has been beaten to death already... so why am I starting a new thread?

1) Most of the forum comparisons put the Lacie324 against the NEC 2490WUXi, not the NEC 2490WUXi2. From what I understand, there are substantial differences between the Xi and the Xi2, thus the match-ups are not necessarily translatable to the Xi2 (the only available model of the 2490's at present).

2) At the time most of the internet chatter developed on this issue (2008), the Lacie 324 was fairly new and not as trusted as the more established NEC... this uncertainty is seemingly reflected in many of the posts and people may have a different take on the Lacie now that it's been around a little longer.

First time poster here, so please go easy on me. I've done as much homework on this as I can, but am still left unsure. Given this is a big purchase for me, I just want to make a good decision.

Also, does one monitor need the proprietary color calibration hardware more than the other, or is 3rd party hardware equally suitable (or not) between the two monitors.

Thanks so much!
Pages: [1]   Go Up