Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When is the LR3 video tutorial coming from LULA  (Read 4669 times)

photopianeil

• http://nrennie.com
When is the LR3 video tutorial coming from LULA
« on: July 14, 2010, 07:30:08 am »

When is the LR3 video tutorial coming from LULA?  I think the Julianne Kost vids are excellent for the novice, but we need the sage advice of the LULA team.  I have already provided a link to your store on my LR3 page in anticipation of its availability.  This forum has already provided some support for my personal problems, but I need your scope and take on the ins and outs of this new version.  
Neil

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 07:58:45 am »

The first few of around 40 'chapters' of the LR3 tutorial will be posted in about 10 days or so. The complete Tutorial will take another six to eight weeks to complete.
Chris

francois

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 08:23:50 am »

Quote from: Chris Sanderson
The first few of around 40 'chapters' of the LR3 tutorial will be posted in about 10 days or so. The complete Tutorial will take another six to eight weeks to complete.
Chris
Chris,
Thanks for the update...
Francois

photopianeil

• http://nrennie.com
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 05:34:37 am »

Chris
Thanks Chris, that is very helpful.
Neil

DRSeay

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 07:33:27 pm »

Chris
Chris, where will they be posted? Do I need to prepay for the entire tutorial to download the completed chapters, if so does the store support that?
Thanks and really looking forward to the video.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 09:00:38 pm »

The way the 'Pre-Release' Lr3 tutorial will work is that the product in the store will have a 'pre-defined' number of zip files; probably around 40. Initially most of these zip files will be empty and simply place-holders. Over time as I complete each video segment, the zip files will be filled. Notice will be given of new files in three places: on this forum, on the What's New page and in a Table of Contents that will be placed in the last of the zip files. This way, a small download of the latest ToC will show whether you have the latest files or not. The Lr3 tutorial will initially be priced with a double discount: the first a discount for previous purchasers of the LR2 tutorial and the second a 'Pre-Publication' discount available until the product is completed. But yes, you will have to buy the whole thing, there will be no piecemeal purchase.

aaykay

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 12:01:37 am »

To be quite honest, this is of interest to me as well.  Since I already have and use DXO, I did not need the C1 Pro tutorial but the LR3 tutorial (especially since LR3 is supposed to be decent with Sony RAW files, unlike LR2 which used to mangle them) is of great interest to me.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 12:16:30 am »

Hi,

I made a small write up on the new processing pipeline in LR3 with Sony RAW images

http://echophoto.dnsalias.net/ekr/index.ph...htroom-3-beta-2

Click on the images for full size!

High ISO images are now much more usable and sharpness at low ISOs significantly better.

Best regards
Erik

Quote from: aaykay
To be quite honest, this is of interest to me as well.  Since I already have and use DXO, I did not need the C1 Pro tutorial but the LR3 tutorial (especially since LR3 is supposed to be decent with Sony RAW files, unlike LR2 which used to mangle them) is of great interest to me.
Erik Kaffehr

Tklimek

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2010, 05:11:53 pm »

Chris....

Excellent!  Loved all the tutorials (didn't get the capture one because it doesn't really apply to me) but really did pick up all other ones - they are great!

Looking forward to two weeks from now when I can download.

Thanks for the news.

Todd in Chicago

Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up