Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 9800 mangling sheets  (Read 1167 times)

GunCon

Epson 9800 mangling sheets
« on: July 13, 2010, 03:02:35 pm »

Hi all,

I have an Epson 9800 that I've owned for years and all of a sudden it's mangling my new sheets of Hahnemuhle Photo Rag.  When I go to load the paper, it hangs up on the lower rollers. I can either wiggle the sheet in or pop the front cover open and feed it through, but when I lock down the uppers and press the pause button, the sheet feeds back into the machine, the head does its alignment thing and then when it feeds back down, the corners catch on the lower rollers and the sheet gets mangled. I've never had this problem before today.  I tried increasing the suction, which helps when I feed it in, but as soon as the head alignment starts, the suction goes away.

Anybody else run into this problem? The sheets I'm using have a VERY slight curl towards the front, but it is VERY slight. Is this just a design flaw that I've never noticed before? Is there a solution aside from pre-curling the paper the opposite direction? Thanks in advance

na goodman

Epson 9800 mangling sheets
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 03:55:02 pm »

Do you have pape thickness set to 5and platen to wide or wider? Also, don't press the pause button, just let the printer take it on its own once you put the suction lever down. And yes, a slight curl could be causing your problems.
Pages: [1]   Go Up