Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upload from iPad directly into C1 Pro?  (Read 3301 times)

olaf

Upload from iPad directly into C1 Pro?
« on: July 13, 2010, 01:07:57 pm »

Hi
I want to upload RAW + jpeg files from my iPad directly into Capture One Pro on my desktop Mac.
But I can't get the software to recognise that the iPad is connected.
So the 'import images' dialogue box doesn't help.

Has anyone found a workaround (without jail breaking)?
Any advice would be appreciated.

francois

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 05:08:32 am »

Quote from: olaf
Hi
I want to upload RAW + jpeg files from my iPad directly into Capture One Pro on my desktop Mac.

I haven't tried yet but something like Snuti might work ( http://www.fadingred.com/senuti/ ). The info page says that it can recover music, playlists, videos… I would also try to link into MacFUSE to see if a mudule would support the iPad filesystem.

Let us know if you find a working solution.
Francois

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 02:35:20 pm »

Quote from: olaf
Hi

As you have mentioned, C1 pro does not see the iPad as an external device.  Currently the two best options for this are iPhoto and Lightroom, both of which see the iPad and allow importing from it.  Hopefully PhaseOne will implement this in an update.

What I have tested is importing using iPhoto, then exported from iPhoto to the final folder destination, then accessed them through C1 from there.  I normally delete them from iPhoto at that point.  iPhoto will preserve the RAW files.  However I haven't done this with jpeg+RAW.  I know Lightroom will preserver and import both files correctly from the iPad, but I'm unsure about iPhoto (didn't really test it).

olaf

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 04:50:49 pm »

Thx Wayne. All adds to the growing body of knowledge.
Regards

Quote from: Wayne Fox
As you have mentioned, C1 pro does not see the iPad as an external device.  Currently the two best options for this are iPhoto and Lightroom, both of which see the iPad and allow importing from it.  Hopefully PhaseOne will implement this in an update.

What I have tested is importing using iPhoto, then exported from iPhoto to the final folder destination, then accessed them through C1 from there.  I normally delete them from iPhoto at that point.  iPhoto will preserve the RAW files.  However I haven't done this with jpeg+RAW.  I know Lightroom will preserver and import both files correctly from the iPad, but I'm unsure about iPhoto (didn't really test it).
Pages: [1]   Go Up