Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: It's My Birthday...  (Read 9663 times)

Lightbox

• http://www.shaunquinlan.com
It's My Birthday...
« on: July 13, 2010, 09:53:00 am »

Well yeah its my birthday, what can I say, again, a great day I had catching up with family and friends, clients contacting me and personal feelings rolling heavy, yet this year I come to wonder what all the fuss is about...

Everyone else has a birthday, everyone I know, every year and I really enjoy celebrating with my friends on their special days of the year, good times and lots of contact from close and long lost friends...

This year however it makes me wonder why only one day in a year I celebrate my own self being, my own beliefs and my own way of living...

Do all my friends have the same belief in what they are doing as being a life long quest?
Do they understand theirselves before I have?
Do they even see these facts and celebrate or converse them to me myself?

I wonder... because although I couldn't be happier that it's my birthday today, and don't get me wrong I've had a great day, to me that has a huge impact and creates a lot of happiness. However getting down to the real reason I am happy I think comes from the acceptance from family and friends that I am who I am and I'm living and being a person I want be, taking chances, spending money and taking on work that I could only hope for. But why don't I realize this everyday, why do I have to live this only once a year, I was born with character and a set of skills, can I not self consciously live with and celebrate these everyday of the year? Why only on my birthday do these feelings arrive? It's just another day right? I've been happy and creating ever since my last birthday yes?

Of course I have, shooting a lot and evolving my technical skills, realizing how personal concepts, ideas and challenges convert from mere thoughts to images good or not, it's pure and real whether they resonate with other people, or not.. I've just come to realize this year round that it's time to make what I want to make, bring my visions to life, live for the feelings of my birthday and what they mean to myself, bring that on a daily basis to my work and I'm sure to find the images I want to make, very easily, very very easily.

Anyone with an upcoming birthday I wish them well, all the best to see, to enjoy, to find it, the image that is out there, peace and enjoy Shaun.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 09:56:31 am by Lightbox »

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
It's My Birthday...
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 01:09:50 pm »

Quote from: Lightbox
Everyone else has a birthday, everyone I know, every year
You don't know anyone born on 29th February?

Jeremy

fredjeang

It's My Birthday...
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 04:34:58 pm »

Quote from: Lightbox
Well yeah its my birthday, what can I say, again, a great day I had catching up with family and friends, clients contacting me and personal feelings rolling heavy, yet this year I come to wonder what all the fuss is about...

Everyone else has a birthday, everyone I know, every year and I really enjoy celebrating with my friends on their special days of the year, good times and lots of contact from close and long lost friends...

This year however it makes me wonder why only one day in a year I celebrate my own self being, my own beliefs and my own way of living...

Do all my friends have the same belief in what they are doing as being a life long quest?
Do they understand theirselves before I have?
Do they even see these facts and celebrate or converse them to me myself?

I wonder... because although I couldn't be happier that it's my birthday today, and don't get me wrong I've had a great day, to me that has a huge impact and creates a lot of happiness. However getting down to the real reason I am happy I think comes from the acceptance from family and friends that I am who I am and I'm living and being a person I want be, taking chances, spending money and taking on work that I could only hope for. But why don't I realize this everyday, why do I have to live this only once a year, I was born with character and a set of skills, can I not self consciously live with and celebrate these everyday of the year? Why only on my birthday do these feelings arrive? It's just another day right? I've been happy and creating ever since my last birthday yes?

Of course I have, shooting a lot and evolving my technical skills, realizing how personal concepts, ideas and challenges convert from mere thoughts to images good or not, it's pure and real whether they resonate with other people, or not.. I've just come to realize this year round that it's time to make what I want to make, bring my visions to life, live for the feelings of my birthday and what they mean to myself, bring that on a daily basis to my work and I'm sure to find the images I want to make, very easily, very very easily.

Anyone with an upcoming birthday I wish them well, all the best to see, to enjoy, to find it, the image that is out there, peace and enjoy Shaun.
Welcome.
You have experienced the feeling to stop being separate and living in duality but back to where you're from and who you are.
You have tasted that and appears then the last part of your post. You have managed to be awake and asked the good questions.
You're on track! Those are clew informations.
That has to be celebrate indeed, not so much the birthday date.

Best luck on this path.
Pages: [1]   Go Up