Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paper review: Proofline Photo Chrome and Pictorico Opalescent  (Read 6929 times)

neile

• http://www.danecreekfolios.com

I had a chance this week to test out another metallic paper on the market (Proofline Photo Chrome), as well as to look at some Pictorico Opalescent paper. Seeing both made me revisit my thinking from my blog entry comparing three different metallic papers. I've got a new blog entry up with a little bit of details on both papers, and an updated conclusion.

For those that don't want to click the link, the Proofline Photo Chrome looks just as good as the Red River and Lexjet paper, but costs less.

Hopefully folks find it useful!

Neil

Neil Enns
Dane Creek Folio Covers. Limited edition Tuscan Sun and Citron covers are now in stock!

StuartOnline

• Travels Photographer Stuart Schaefer
Re: Paper review: Proofline Photo Chrome and Pictorico Opalescent
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 09:50:33 am »

I had a chance this week to test out another metallic paper on the market (Proofline Photo Chrome), as well as to look at some Pictorico Opalescent paper. Seeing both made me revisit my thinking from my blog entry comparing three different metallic papers. I've got a new blog entry up with a little bit of details on both papers, and an updated conclusion.

For those that don't want to click the link, the Proofline Photo Chrome looks just as good as the Red River and Lexjet paper, but costs less.

Hopefully folks find it useful!

Neil

Neil,

I just ordered a box of Chrome Pearlescent Metallic Inkjet Paper 17x22 (50 sheets) $169.99 with free shipping from ITSuppiles.
Should have it within the next few days.
Plan to give a try on the Epson 3880 and the Canon IPF5000.
Do you have any recommendations for settings with these printers?

Thanks,

Stu

neile

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 10:17:17 am »

When I print this stuff on my Canon iPF5100 I use the profile for the Red River Polar Pearl Metallic paper and the media type they specify. I don't have a 3880 so I'm not sure what to use there, but if RR has a profile for it I would use that. They're all identical papers so the profile from RR should get you close enough.

Hope this helps!

Neil
Neil Enns
Dane Creek Folio Covers. Limited edition Tuscan Sun and Citron covers are now in stock!

StuartOnline

• Travels Photographer Stuart Schaefer
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 04:09:34 pm »

This morning the Chrome Pearlescent Metallic Inkjet Paper (17x22) arrived.
Have already done a couple of prints via the Epson 3880.
Did a couple of color prints with one being done HDR along with one done in B&W.
Since I did not have a profile for the Chrome Pearlescent Metallic Inkjet Paper I gave the Red River one a try.
Set the printer to Premium Photo Paper Glossy and resolution to 2880. I must state I was impressed with the output.

chaz1152

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 03:14:27 pm »

Hi Neil,

Just wanted to say thanks for the fine articles you did on metallic (pearlessance) photopapers.  Your articles, along with all the other peoples posts really helped me find some interesting material to try.  Thanks again

Chaz

neile

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 03:19:27 pm »

Glad you found them useful!

Neil
Neil Enns
Pages: [1]   Go Up