Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lens Correction in LR3  (Read 7313 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Lens Correction in LR3
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2010, 04:48:07 pm »

Quote from: HickersonJasonC
... Problematic as there is not currently an option to manually specify camera in the lens correction dialog... I'm not going to invest the time building profiles ... The lens corrections feature is the ONLY reason I'm considering upgrading at this time and it seems that this feature is not quite ready for real work, at least for some users.
The lens correction feature is absolutely ready for real work for all users (especially real users). What's up with this obsession with automatic correction? For god's sake, just use manual sliders to taste.  

madmanchan

• Web
Lens Correction in LR3
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2010, 05:43:21 pm »

I did see the images / screenshots.

CR/LR is taking into account the crop factor of the 20D correctly. I have checked it personally.

The distinctions you are seeing between the two profiles for the 17-40 are actually due to an internal issue with how Adobe built some of the initial lens profiles (i.e., based on measurements captured at a single distance only). It is not because CR/LR is not taking into account the crop factor.
Eric Chan

HickersonJasonC

Lens Correction in LR3
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2010, 06:47:16 pm »

Quote from: Slobodan Blagojevic
The lens correction feature is absolutely ready for real work for all users (especially real users). What's up with this obsession with automatic correction? For god's sake, just use manual sliders to taste.

I'm not obsessed with automation, but when a button says Auto I expect it to do something. And I'm pretty sure Adobe considers me a "real user" as I routinely shell out $$$ for it's products. I don't really understand how this concerns you if the lens correction feature is working for you.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up