Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PS Image Sequence Creation  (Read 2581 times)

BobFisher

PS Image Sequence Creation
« on: July 07, 2010, 09:06:39 pm »

If I open a set of iamges in a seqence for the purpose of creating a video output, all of the images open in a single layer and the layer thumbnail has a small film strip in the corner.  

Is there a way to apply cloning or healing to the first frame (the one that's visible) and have that applied to all the other frames in the sequence?  It'd be a pain in the butt to have to apply the same healing to several hundred images individually.  

Thanks.

If this doesn't really fit the Motion/Video category, mods can move it elsewhere.

BobFisher

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 09:06:33 am »

Thanks.  As it turns out, what I want to do can't be done.  At least not in PS.  The area that needs to be fixed has movement in the form of clouds moving across the sky.  In order to get the proper colour/texture match, different source locations need to be used at different times.  PS (not sure any editing app for that matter) can't handle that.  Frames to Layers isn't available in the 64 bit version either.  Switching back and forth can be done but it's inconvenient.

bryanyc

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 11:03:47 pm »

Quote from: BobFisher
Thanks.  As it turns out, what I want to do can't be done.  At least not in PS.  The area that needs to be fixed has movement in the form of clouds moving across the sky.  In order to get the proper colour/texture match, different source locations need to be used at different times.  PS (not sure any editing app for that matter) can't handle that.  Frames to Layers isn't available in the 64 bit version either.  Switching back and forth can be done but it's inconvenient.

I may not understand exactly what the specifics are of what you are trying to do but the healing brush applied to that spot in each image via an action or droplet might be an option.

BobFisher

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 07:24:54 am »

Hi Bryan.  The problem is the movement of the clouds in the sky over the time of the shoot.  It requires that I use a different healing source to get the colour and cloud texture right.  Because I need to use a different source, automating the process won't work.  I thought I might be able to get away with it but it turns out not.

Watch, just above the building to the right of the tower, you'll see what I mean.  That's the result from using the same source to heal the dust spot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up