Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some pictures from the Himalayas  (Read 1060 times)

nagaraj

• http://www.magical-light.net
Some pictures from the Himalayas
« on: July 07, 2010, 09:51:53 am »

I did some hiking in the Himalayas recently and the pictures from the trip are at
http://nagaraj-pudukotai.smugmug.com/Trave...nchal-Trip-2010
I will be glad if I can get feedback on my pictures and where I could have done better with them.  

All the pictures were either post processed in LR 2.5 and/or DxO Optics Pro 6.2 only.

Thank you very much for your time and feedback.

Nagaraj

fredjeang

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 10:22:57 am »

Quote from: nagaraj
I did some hiking in the Himalayas recently and the pictures from the trip are at
http://nagaraj-pudukotai.smugmug.com/Trave...nchal-Trip-2010
I will be glad if I can get feedback on my pictures and where I could have done better with them.  

All the pictures were either post processed in LR 2.5 and/or DxO Optics Pro 6.2 only.

Thank you very much for your time and feedback.

Nagaraj
Hi Nagaraj.

I've been travelling in beautifull places with your pics. Thanks for sharing them.

As you ask for tech feedback, I write down here the points where I think you could have improved. I center my critics on the post-production stage.

1) Sensor dust is visible in the skys of many pics.

2) Pic number 1 is over-recuperated to me, the dr appears critical and maybe the overall lacks contrast.

3) Pic 3, I'm not sure about the cropped donkey. Sometimes it can work with the other elements but IMO not that much here.

4) Snake's pic: wired noise-reduction artifacts. Could be a heavy crop though.

5) Butterfly's pic: the butterfly being the alive being and therefore catch the eyes should be od sharper or more blured.

6) Next pic, familly: a path line cut the people legs on the right bottom. I would recompose.

7) the 3 sunrises: elements on the bottom (branche, rocks) that are distracting. I would recompose.

8) Pic 29: undesirable blue element (tent or something like that) on the left. I would crop that image.

9) Last pic: undesirable branche to crop on the extreme righ (center height).  

In general,
I think that if you pay more attention to undesirable details in the frame, your will make a good step in the learning curve.

Best luck.

Fred.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 10:37:43 am by fredjeang »

nagaraj

• http://www.magical-light.net
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 10:48:42 am »

Quote from: fredjeang
Hi Nagaraj.

I've been travelling in beautifull places with your pics. Thanks for sharing them.

As you ask for tech feedback, I write down here the points where I think you could have improved. I center my critics on the post-production stage.

1) Sensor dust is visible in the skys of many pics.

2) Pic number 1 is over-recuperated to me, the dr appears critical and maybe the overall lacks contrast.

3) Pic 3, I'm not sure about the cropped donkey. Sometimes it can work with the other elements but IMO not that much here.

4) Snake's pic: wired noise-reduction artifacts. Could be a heavy crop though.

5) Butterfly's pic: the butterfly being the alive being and therefore catch the eyes should be od sharper or more blured.

6) Next pic, familly: a path line cut the people legs on the right bottom. I would recompose.

7) the 3 sunrises: elements on the bottom (branche, rocks) that are distracting. I would recompose.

8) Pic 29: undesirable blue element (tent or something like that) on the left. I would crop that image.

9) Last pic: undesirable branche to crop on the extreme righ (center height).  

In general,
I think that if you pay more attention to undesirable details in the frame, your will make a good step in the learning curve.

Best luck.

Fred.

Fred
I appreciate your candid feedback.  I appreciate you taking time to do that.

Thank you
Nagaraj
Pages: [1]   Go Up