Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR3 and PSD's  (Read 1267 times)

soboyle

• shaunoboylephoto.com
LR3 and PSD's
« on: July 04, 2010, 10:11:10 am »

Having an issue with LR3 reading PSD files, even when the psd's are saved with maximum compatability.
LR is just not seeing the files as readable - sometimes.
I'm finding LR3 a good tool for tweeking older scans for output for a book I'm working on - when I can get the program to import the files.  I could save the files as a tif, but would rather not have that step and doubling of files. Any thoughts?

KeithR

LR3 and PSD's
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 09:25:35 pm »

Quote from: soboyle
Having an issue with LR3 reading PSD files, even when the psd's are saved with maximum compatability.
LR is just not seeing the files as readable - sometimes.
I'm finding LR3 a good tool for tweeking older scans for output for a book I'm working on - when I can get the program to import the files.  I could save the files as a tif, but would rather not have that step and doubling of files. Any thoughts?
From the help file within LR3:
"Photoshop format (PSD) is the standard Photoshop file format. To import and work with a multi-layered PSD file in Lightroom, the file must be saved in Photoshop with the Maximize PSD and PSB File Compatibility preference turned on. You’ll find the option in the Photoshop file handling preferences. Lightroom saves PSD files with a bit depth of 8 bits or 16 bits per channel."

My question would be: Do you have PSB File Compatibility preference turned on in Photoshop?

The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience
Pages: [1]   Go Up