Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lr3 lens correction profiles  (Read 3389 times)

Robert-Peter Westphal

• Nature-Photography Westphal
Lr3 lens correction profiles
« on: July 04, 2010, 04:58:58 am »

Hello,

because Michael haven't started to sell his video for Lr 3 (I'm for them many times a day   ) , I would like to ask here one question :

I've upgraded to Lr3 yesterday and it seems to run flawlessly and fast. I checked the new lens correction and found out that some of my lenses are not there.

I'm not sure, but I think I have read that Adobe will collect future profiles of customer and their own additional profiles for download.

Does anyone know whee these profiles will be stzored for update ?

best wishes

Robert
'visit my completly renewed gallery at http://www.naturfotografie-westphal.com '

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 05:39:25 am »

Not sure on wether Adobe are making profiles available that others have created - but you download a profile creator and make your own.
Wild Nature Photo Travel

Robert-Peter Westphal

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 06:52:20 am »

Quote from: Josh-H
Not sure on wether Adobe are making profiles available that others have created - but you download a profile creator and make your own.

Thanks for your fast answer !

Surely I know that I can create profiles by my own, but I also heared that it will be pretty complicated, so I hope that there will be more profiles to download in future.
'visit my completly renewed gallery at http://www.naturfotografie-westphal.com '

Robert-Peter Westphal

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 06:09:19 am »

Quote from: Robby
Thanks for your fast answer !

Surely I know that I can create profiles by my own, but I also heared that it will be pretty complicated, so I hope that there will be more profiles to download in future.

Hello,

does really none else have an idea ?

Best wishes

Robert

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 10:46:00 am »

Profiles are not currently available for download via LR 3.

Over time Adobe will expand the base set of available profiles (i.e., the ones that come pre-installed) -- similar to how new cameras are supported over time.
Eric Chan

Robert-Peter Westphal

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 01:39:35 pm »

Quote from: madmanchan
Profiles are not currently available for download via LR 3.

Over time Adobe will expand the base set of available profiles (i.e., the ones that come pre-installed) -- similar to how new cameras are supported over time.

Hi.

thanks for this answer !

Does that mean that we will have to wait for Lr 3.1 for updates of lens-correction or can they be downlaoded seperately when available.

Best wishes

Robert

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 02:04:56 pm »

Quote from: Robby
Hi.

thanks for this answer !

Does that mean that we will have to wait for Lr 3.1 for updates of lens-correction or can they be downlaoded seperately when available.

Best wishes

Robert
If you have Photoshop CS5, you can use it to download lens profiles: there's a button on the lens correction panel. I don't know where it goes to look for the profiles or what level of quality control there might be. Once you've downloaded the profile in CS5 and saved it, LR3 will see it (you might have to quit and restart it: I don't recall).

I installed a profile for the Canon 100-400L, which seems to produce some improvement in the images when it's applied.

Jeremy

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 05:45:19 pm »

Hi Robert, Adobe has not publicly announced the long-term lens profile release strategy (in terms of timing), but you can at least expect to see new ones at CR/LR dot releases. In other words, roughly every 13 weeks.
Eric Chan
Pages: [1]   Go Up