Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NoiseNinja and CS5  (Read 5238 times)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
NoiseNinja and CS5
« on: July 03, 2010, 05:10:45 am »

Does the NoiseNinja plugin work from inside PS CS5? I've downloaded the most recent version (for Mac Intel), installed it into CS5's plugins folder and restarted CS5 but it doesn't show up in the filters menu. I've tried setting the NoiseNinja plugin folder as an additional plugin folder, as suggested in the documentation for NoiseNinja, but that hasn't worked either.

MacPro, Snow Leopard.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Jeremy

Edhopkins

NoiseNinja and CS5
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 06:04:42 am »

Quote from: kikashi
Does the NoiseNinja plugin work from inside PS CS5? I've downloaded the most recent version (for Mac Intel), installed it into CS5's plugins folder and restarted CS5 but it doesn't show up in the filters menu. I've tried setting the NoiseNinja plugin folder as an additional plugin folder, as suggested in the documentation for NoiseNinja, but that hasn't worked either.

MacPro, Snow Leopard.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Jeremy

It only works if Photoshop CS5 is running in 32 bit mode. Could this be your problem?  (I understand that a 64 bit version is in the works.)  Go to the PS5 application, only it with "get info" and set the switch for 32 bit mode and restart photoshop.

At least this is the problem we had with Noise Ninja and PS5.

Hope this helps.

ed
Baltimore

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
NoiseNinja and CS5
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 11:58:08 am »

Quote from: Edhopkins
It only works if Photoshop CS5 is running in 32 bit mode. Could this be your problem?  (I understand that a 64 bit version is in the works.)  Go to the PS5 application, only it with "get info" and set the switch for 32 bit mode and restart photoshop.

At least this is the problem we had with Noise Ninja and PS5.

Hope this helps.

ed
Baltimore
Yes, you're right; thanks. I posted here because PictureCode's web site indicated that they don't work at weekends. In fact, I've had a reply from them and that is exactly the issue. I'm impressed by the support, if not by the failure to have a working version ready.

Jeremy
Pages: [1]   Go Up