Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Running two 7900's from the same PC over a network.  (Read 1114 times)

Paul Eby

• http://www.digitalokpphoto.com
Running two 7900's from the same PC over a network.
« on: June 30, 2010, 06:58:34 pm »

This may be a stupid question but is it possible to run two 7900's form the same PC through a network? If so do I need to install a second driver or do I just rename the first one and then install the second one? - Paul Eby

Farmer

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 11:14:22 pm »

Quote from: Paul Eby
This may be a stupid question but is it possible to run two 7900's form the same PC through a network? If so do I need to install a second driver or do I just rename the first one and then install the second one? - Paul Eby

Very possible, happens all the time.

There are several ways to do it, but this is how I would do it.

Install your first one.  Then, copy the driver (just right click and copy and then paste in the printers folder).  In the second copy, rename it (so you know which printer is which) and then go into into the Ports tab in the printer propeties and change the port to the IP address of the second printer (you'll have to create a new port) and then you're done.

If you're using DHCP or just using EpsonNet to do your networking, then you'll need to install the driver/run up EpsonNet again.

Either way, works just fine.
Phil Brown

natas

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 11:35:49 pm »

Quote from: Paul Eby
I don't see why not. The epson net app will allow more than one printer

If your worried about it just call epson support
Pages: [1]   Go Up