Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Full Moon Rising  (Read 6126 times)

EduPerez

• Edu Pérez
Full Moon Rising
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2010, 03:39:01 am »

Quote from: Rob C
Obviously, your mind is different, but is it wise ever to re-shoot the same static subject? You can't really hope to catch the emotion a second time - the buzz is there when the vision is fresh. Lose that and you may attain improvement, technical perfection but not soul. Without which...

Rob C

I could not agree more: every time I have tried to go back somewhere, to redo a photograph and correct some technical mistakes, I find that the magic of the moment is completely lost, and end up with a far worse photograph; now I try to learn from my mistakes, and just move on to the next picture.

Dale Villeponteaux

Re: Full Moon Rising
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2010, 03:50:42 pm »

Hoping not to offend anyone's sensibility concerning "Truth in Photography", but if you want to try a bird in your picture why not add one via Photoshop?  Blur it to induce a sense of motion.

Thanks,
Dale
My avatar isn't an accurate portrayal; I have much less hair.

Blair McDougall

• Gallery
Re: Full Moon Rising
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2010, 01:37:16 pm »

Hi Dale,
It's not so much about "truth" as it is about being receptive to your environment and making on-the spot decisions as to where you want the shoot to go . For me I am always looking for different ways to shoot something whether it the angle ,light or incorporating more dynamic elements in a static frame. It's fun... Despite the outcome of this image, it's a learning process and always appreciate the feed-back.
As far as adding a bird with Photoshop it's not my style to add elements to my images. I do take things out though. Like that piece of litter in the foreground that you didn't see or dust on the sensor and even out of focus birds in the shot.  Don't get me wrong, I love to throw plug-in technology at some images to see what sticks but I don't add things or do composites ( I'm not skilled enough).
Blair
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up