Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone using a Epson 3800 with Windows 7 Ultimate 64?  (Read 3473 times)

Bill Koenig

Anyone using a Epson 3800 with Windows 7 Ultimate 64?
« on: June 29, 2010, 02:12:59 pm »

I just upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate 64. Now I need to load drivers for my Epson 3800.
Back when I loaded the drivers for Xp pro I remember something about turning the printer off while loading the drivers.
Is there anything I need to know before loading the 64 bit drivers?
Bill Koenig,

mshowe

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 06:26:46 pm »

I am about to have the same problem,i am changing to windows 7 ultimate on a new computer, when i installed the driver on xp there was a place in the install in which it ask to insert the usb cable,when i started the software install it said not to plug the usb cable in until prompted to do so. i dont know how to go about this when i download the windows 7 driver from the epson website,maybe someone on the forum can give us some insight on the driver install.

nma

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 08:19:16 pm »

Quote from: Bill Koenig
I just upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate 64. Now I need to load drivers for my Epson 3800.
Back when I loaded the drivers for Xp pro I remember something about turning the printer off while loading the drivers.
Is there anything I need to know before loading the 64 bit drivers?

I just upgraded from XP to WIN7/ultimate/64.  Even though I did this a few days ago I am not absolutely certain of my procedure. I believe I had the 3800 USB cable unplugged and the power off. I went to http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support...id=79928#stage1  to download the driver for WIN7/64. I have made one test and it worked fine, but the interface is a little different than I had with XP.  The following is copied from the Epson web site.

-------------------

Microsoft Windows 7 Support
Contact Support

Welcome to Windows 7® support for Epson products. Here you can find out how to get drivers and other Epson software for your Epson product that work with Windows 7.

Check your Epson product CD to see if it already contains Windows 7 drivers. If the CD indicates support for Windows 7, follow the instructions that came with your Epson product to install your driver and other software.

If your Epson CD does not indicate support for Windows 7, DO NOT INSERT YOUR EPSON PRODUCT SOFTWARE CD IN YOUR WINDOWS 7 COMPUTER. Follow the step-by-step instructions below to obtain the latest software and utilities for your Epson product as they may be needed for this new operating system.

* View our Windows 7 FAQs.
    * View our Windows 7 Networking FAQs.

Step-by-Step Instructions

Follow the instructions in each stage below. To go back to a stage, click on that stage number.
1 Select Your Product

Selected:
    Epson Stylus Pro 3800 (change)

2 Select Your Edition And Connection Type

Please select one option in each section below.

Windows 7 Edition
32 bit 64 bit
Not sure which edition you have?

Connection Type
Local (USB) Network
See our networking FAQs

3 File Details - Printer
4 Optional Software
5 Product Registration
6 Finish
Other Epson Sites | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Corporate Info | Jobs | Contact Us | Epson WorldWide

Copyright © 2000-2010 Epson America, Inc.

issa

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 08:35:13 am »

I have been using Windows 7 64 bit Enterprise edition for last year, and had no issues installing and running Epson 3880. In fact most applications run and have no issues.
Issa

Beds, UK

John R Smith

• Still crazy, after all these years
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 09:34:54 am »

Quote from: mshowe
I am about to have the same problem,i am changing to windows 7 ultimate on a new computer, when i installed the driver on xp there was a place in the install in which it ask to insert the usb cable,when i started the software install it said not to plug the usb cable in until prompted to do so. i dont know how to go about this when i download the windows 7 driver from the epson website,maybe someone on the forum can give us some insight on the driver install.

There is no problem, as long as you do things in the right order.

1. Download the drivers from the Epson site.

2. Install the driver following the onscreen prompts.

3. Plug the printer in via USB, switch the printer on and Win 7 will plug and play.

John
Hasselblad 500 C/M, SWC and CFV-39 DB
an

JohnKoerner

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 11:28:50 am »

I am about to do the same thing, so this was a nice read, thanks!

Nill Toulme

• http://www.toulmephoto.com
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 11:36:54 am »

Does it really matter if the printer is connected, so long as it's not switched on?

Nill
Pages: [1]   Go Up