Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR 3 - edit in photoshop  (Read 1347 times)

Tim Gray

• http://www.timgrayphotography.com
LR 3 - edit in photoshop
« on: June 28, 2010, 08:24:05 pm »

Just upgraded to a new computer with lots of horsepower, and at the same time moved to CS5 and LR3.  Thank god I only do this every 3 years or so.  In any event got most everything working (after a few tense moments with the Drobo) but one question remains.  In LR2, CRTL E opened the file in photoshop without creating an interim tif file, and then would save and re-import back to LR and keep the rating.  How can I restore this kind of process/behavior in LR3?

Thanks.

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
LR 3 - edit in photoshop
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 03:52:34 am »

I've never used that shortcut, but tried it on my computer (XP Pro) in LR3 and CS5 and it works fine. With a tiff I get the “open original or copy...” dialogue, and with a raw file it opens immediately. Perhaps your preferences have changed? Can't think of any other reason.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
LR 3 - edit in photoshop
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 05:42:24 am »

Quote from: Tim Gray
In LR2, CRTL E opened the file in photoshop without creating an interim tif file, and then would save and re-import back to LR and keep the rating.  How can I restore this kind of process/behavior in LR3?
I believe there's a bug affecting the rating. Hit Ctrl S (Cmd S on Mac) immediately before Ctrl E.

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up