Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: OUTRAGED! Photographer/journalist asaulted by police in Toronto  (Read 9144 times)

RFPhotography

Re: OUTRAGED! Photographer/journalist asaulted by police in Toronto
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2010, 07:42:29 am »

His press pass was recognised?  Not according to the articles it wasn't.  He said he wrote for the Guardian.  According to the CBC piece that's not the case.  He never showed them a press pass that indicated he worked for the Guardian.  His credientials listed a bunch of 'alternative' media.  Be outraged all you want, but at least get the facts straight.  You're just making this crap up as you go along.  You're perpetuating the same type of fraud you claim to be so outraged by.

BenjaminKanarek

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2010, 04:07:34 pm »

Even Canada now, eh?  That is so Sad and Unfortunate.  I am born in Toronto, but haven't live their since the 80's...

Thomas McConnell

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2011, 08:02:53 am »

Surely beating a reporter is a serious crime. I hope there will be a day when no reporter have to face this kind of occurrence.

llcopperworth

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2011, 04:40:01 am »

Here's a link about police and photographers on the lighter side:

http://newsarse.com/2010/08/06/terrorists-sick-of-being-treated-like-photographers/

Brilliant piece of satire:

“I am just here trying to do a job for my cell in finding a suitable target to blow up among all you the godless infidels, but how can I do that when every policeman I see immediately assumes I’m a photographer?”
Photographs

A spokesperson for the London Met Police sought to clarify the situation, telling reporters, “We apologise to any non-photographers who are classified as such by our officers, but these a trying times in which photographers present a significant risk to society.”

These photographers need to be stopped!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 09:07:55 am by llcopperworth »
The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not. - Mark Twain

Rocco Penny

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2011, 08:55:02 pm »

I'll bite-

If you have been following this odd but well known police misconduct investigation along with preponderant evidence,
the police have been found in the wrong not just with the original reporter beating that I was wringing my hands over,
but also with brutally treating other captives the police were having their own little fun with.
Sexual molestations, even reportedly causing the burning of their own cars.
Like a big set-up.
Oh yeah I already said that,
a bad set-up.
You'd have to be a dope to think the police are there to uphold law and order.
Bah bah go the ruminants
I'll not post again, this is someone else's problem not mine
still outraged though
bah bah go the ruminants
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 11:56:06 pm by Rocco Penny »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up