Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free (OBO) Epson 3800 for pickup in London  (Read 1025 times)

SteveBlack

Free (OBO) Epson 3800 for pickup in London
« on: June 28, 2010, 04:17:55 am »

I'm moving out of my flat in 10 days and unfortunately need to part ways with my Epson 3800.  Free (or best offer if there are multiple people) to someone that can pick it up between Saturday 3rd July and Tuesday 6th.  Now, about the printer:

Purchased in the US in late 2007 (I have a power transformer which you can use for the UK)
First sent of inks just now running out (blacks are out, others are getting there)
Likely needs to be serviced - had a paper jam that has resulted in it leaving an ink stain in the upper left of prints as it ejects the print (good news is, if you leave a white border, the print itself is fine).  Also - you have to widen the printing gap (simple setting change) to avoid track marks on the print.  Probably an easy fix, but I never had the time to get Epson out to look at it.

Overall, a solid printer, and can't beat the price

For those interested, please drop me an email at steven.black at gmail . com.

Steve

Ed Jack

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 04:49:52 am »

This is very altruistic. Even considering a new inkset that sounds like it is needed will cost more than £400, this is still quite a gracious offer and many people are still without a 17" Printer.

Quote from: SteveBlack
I'm moving out of my flat in 10 days and unfortunately need to part ways with my Epson 3800.  Free (or best offer if there are multiple people) to someone that can pick it up between Saturday 3rd July and Tuesday 6th.  Now, about the printer:

Purchased in the US in late 2007 (I have a power transformer which you can use for the UK)
First sent of inks just now running out (blacks are out, others are getting there)
Likely needs to be serviced - had a paper jam that has resulted in it leaving an ink stain in the upper left of prints as it ejects the print (good news is, if you leave a white border, the print itself is fine).  Also - you have to widen the printing gap (simple setting change) to avoid track marks on the print.  Probably an easy fix, but I never had the time to get Epson out to look at it.

Overall, a solid printer, and can't beat the price

For those interested, please drop me an email at steven.black at gmail . com.

Steve

SteveBlack

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 08:30:13 am »

With a number of quick responses, I went with the first.  So, no need to send any more requests!

Best,

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up