Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GPU (CUDA) support in Phocus 3.0 ?  (Read 1346 times)

design_freak

GPU (CUDA) support in Phocus 3.0 ?
« on: June 27, 2010, 10:26:48 am »

[attachment=22820:focus_3_0.jpg]

I wonder why the producers did not have long had the idea to deliver the equipment dedicated to their cameras. Optimized hardware to software, not vice versa. (Hardware support for each feature) I am concerned about the processing of files in almost real time. Unlimited number of images in a queue. No problems with hanging. And so everyone will pay for it. We know how much we pay for MFDB. Finally, there is technology based on the GPU. Who was the first uses of this technology in the software and what it will bring results. Does this make sense? I think so.
What do you think about it? My dream is NVIDIA Tesla Personal Supercomputer.

Best regards,
Design Freak

Best regards,
DF

design_freak

GPU (CUDA) support in Phocus 3.0 ?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 04:36:37 am »

Hi Guys,
I understand that everyone is happy with the solutions they have. We sell the equipment for big money, but unfortunately the weakest link is always the computer and software and, of course, the connection between the computer and camera. Often spend 40k Euros for the camera and lenses, have delivered or not 60k Euros on a system that would work flawlessly? This specialized box, hardware-assisted each function in the program. (Real time) I know it's a huge cash, but would not have delivered more money for such a system? And so we have to buy a computer that they rebuild (read spend more time behind where we bought it, Apple sells the hardware from getting worse components, slow hdd, poor quality firewire cards, etc.) Our producers competent authority permits, of course, always blame the computer ... that you need to change something, add it. Photographer does not always have such knowledge of information technology like me. Is it so hard to our lords in PhaseOne / Hasselblad / Leaf understand? We spend this money, and get  the equipment which should be a tool which we should not think, just to use it.I will not mention the poor quality of the connection, or the display of the Stone Age. I do not know people who would not have problems with MFDB.If it is not possible to build specialized equipment instead of the computer, give us the ability to connect to the PC cards such as Tesla, "Quadro Plex D ', then our computers (often laptops) will be able to cope with enormous volumes of data and we can finally begin to work. Is it such a terrible problem to give the work a few young talented developers? Apparently, in the above mentioned companies are not working, people who are aware of this. Well, maybe a president of one of the producers read this and reflect on this. Waiting on the bid  

Best regards,
Design Freak
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 04:49:24 am by design_freak »
Best regards,
DF
Pages: [1]   Go Up