Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C1 / Expressions Registration issue  (Read 6827 times)

max gruzen

C1 / Expressions Registration issue
« on: June 26, 2010, 05:51:25 pm »

I DOWN LOADED EXPRESSIO0NS MEDIA BECAUSE PHASE ONE OFFERED IT TO ME FREE AS A C1 PRO USER. NOW IT REFUSES TO WORK BECAUSE I NEED TO ENTER A KEY WHICH I DO NOT HAVE AND C1 IS OFF FOTR THE WEEKEND.....I LOVE THEIR SOFTWARE BUT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS.

gss

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 06:29:07 pm »

Quote from: max gruzen
I DOWN LOADED EXPRESSIO0NS MEDIA BECAUSE PHASE ONE OFFERED IT TO ME FREE AS A C1 PRO USER. NOW IT REFUSES TO WORK BECAUSE I NEED TO ENTER A KEY WHICH I DO NOT HAVE AND C1 IS OFF FOTR THE WEEKEND.....I LOVE THEIR SOFTWARE BUT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS.

It is the same key as your Capture One's.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 06:29:51 pm by gss »

Paul Sumi

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 06:47:16 pm »

Also, you should have received an e-mail confirmation with a product key as well.  Or did you just download a trial version?  

You need to log-in to your P1 account and go to the Expressions d/l page.  Choose the appropriate option.  IIRC the process will ask for your C1 product key and a credit card (it will not be charged).

Paul
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 06:57:56 pm by Paul Sumi »

ericstaud

• www.ericstaudenmaier.com
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 04:19:29 am »

You need to "buy" the free version of Expression Media from the Phase One site.  Put the free version in your shopping cart, have your credit card (which will not be charged) and C1 Pro license ready to enter.  In the end you will be emailed the 25 digit serial number with your purchase confirmation.  In the meantime Expression Media has a 30 day trial period.

http://www.phaseone.com/en/Try-and-buy/Online-Store/XM.aspx

nilo

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 06:49:23 am »

Quote from: ericstaud
You need to "buy" the free version of Expression Media from the Phase One site.  Put the free version in your shopping cart, have your credit card (which will not be charged) and C1 Pro license ready to enter.  In the end you will be emailed the 25 digit serial number with your purchase confirmation.  In the meantime Expression Media has a 30 day trial period.

http://www.phaseone.com/en/Try-and-buy/Online-Store/XM.aspx

I did the same thing and it worked well. But you have to admit that this is a rather complicated and odd procedure. A contact with P1 support always makes me feel like I would be trapped in one of Kafka's novels.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 06:51:14 am by ninoloss »

max gruzen

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 09:08:55 am »

I initially bought expressions the way you suggest. My card was not charged, the whole bit. Now 30 days later it asks for my Key and when I put my C1 5 Pro Key in it will not accept it. Thank you for your help, I appreciate it. I started lwith this company six years ago and it has been a PITA all the way. Unfotunatley C1 5 is a great program.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 09:09:49 am by max gruzen »

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 12:06:55 pm »

I initially bought expressions the way you suggest.

Sorry to here that it didn't function like it did do with many others, myself including, but you can't blame Phase One for a Microsoft product. Apparently you didn't put in the correct serial number, or something has changed in your computer setup, otherwise the trial period wouldn't have expired. Waiting for the email with the serial number for a month can hardly be blamed on Phase One either.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

ericstaud

• www.ericstaudenmaier.com
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 12:41:47 pm »

I initially bought expressions the way you suggest. My card was not charged, the whole bit. Now 30 days later it asks for my Key and when I put my C1 5 Pro Key in it will not accept it. Thank you for your help, I appreciate it. I started lwith this company six years ago and it has been a PITA all the way. Unfotunatley C1 5 is a great program.

You do not use the C1 serial number.  

When I made the "purchase" I received an email with the subject "Phase One Order Confirmation - Order number:XXXXXX".  In that email was the product key for Expression Media 2.  

If you have lost that email then login to Phase One's site, go to My Account, then go to Order History, and you will find a link to the invoice for your Expression Media purchase which includes your Product Key.

max gruzen

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 03:02:05 pm »

Thanks for all the help. I worked it out. As you all suggested go to accounts; go to DOWNLOAD HISTORY; go to the Expressions download; click on your order number; this will bring up your Expressions key. Thank you all again.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 03:02:49 pm by max gruzen »

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 03:40:24 pm »

Since this Topic headline SCREAMS... I have moderated its title.

max gruzen

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 12:54:22 am »

Quote from: Chris Sanderson
Since this Topic headline SCREAMS... I have moderated its title.
I understand this is MIchael's web site and you are at liberty to do what ever and as ever as you please, however I find it offensive to have what I write changed without my permission. I didn't realize that you are my editor. If you don't like what I write delete it.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 12:55:55 am by max gruzen »

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2010, 03:16:19 am »

I understand this is MIchael's web site and you are at liberty to do what ever and as ever as you please, however I find it offensive to have what I write changed without my permission. I didn't realize that you are my editor. If you don't like what I write delete it.
Oh come on, Max. I doubt I am the only one who thought it should have been you who toned down the title! There was no need to use all capitals - SHOUTING - and in the end it was pretty obvious that it was your failure to read instructions as much as P1 not making them sufficiently obvious to you.

John

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2010, 12:42:42 pm »

Phase One bought a piece of software with a great history which had been languishing in Microsofts hands for a few years. To kick off their ownership they offered it for FREE to a huge % of their existing user base (all phase/mamiya/leaf DB owners, all c1 pro owners, all iView owners) and updated it with some initial increased integration with C1 (much more will come, it's been literally only a few weeks). They did a decent (not perfect but not terrible either) job of documenting the process of getting a free license and the entire process can be done online yourself (rather than e.g. most of Adobe's license management which must be done by phone). They followed standard industry practice of having a place on the website to download a free trial which could be activated (without redownload/reinstall) with a license which you could get (for free, and on your own - no phone calls or support cases needed) through a separate part of their website. You downloaded the trial and did not activate it and when it expired after a 30 day free trial at the start of a weekend it would have taken about 48 hours before you got a reply to a support case (Phase One has support agents in DK, asia, and the US so emails are answered during a pretty wide span of time due to the advantage of different time-zones). Had you purchased your copy of Capture One through a dealer like us you would have also had a cell phone to call over the weekend.

Phase One is not perfect (no company is) but honestly, I don't see why you have such a negative tone about this situation. In fact if anything I think this entire thread should reflect very positively on Phase One rather than the screaming the-sky-is-falling incriminating tone of your original thread title. When I saw the thread title I assumed something utterly catastrophic had happened, so I understand why the moderator had modified your title to indicate the issue had been resolved.

Clearly you must have had some issues in the past that are coloring your view of this situation. I would encourage you to try to forgive/forget any past issues and give them a chance to impress you moving forward. A good support staff is no substitute to reading the documentation and doing a little research on your own, but I (personally) know most of the Phase One support team and they are dedicated, knowledgeable, and hard working and genuinely enjoy their work - when you need true support or the documentation is not clear - they are very helpful.

One quick plug (marketing B&S though it sounds): Phase One lets you manage your licenses online, including the ability to reset your activations a nearly unlimited number of times to account for stolen laptops, OS reinstalls, etc etc which is very rare. Adobe for instance makes you call them to do this and they will really chaff at doing it more than once.

Doug Peterson
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe
Buy Capture One at 10% off
Personal Work
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 01:10:00 pm by dougpetersonci »

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2010, 12:45:23 pm »

Doug, I'd appreciate it if you would amend your post and remove the quote so it doesn't look like you're directing it at me. Thanks.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2010, 12:54:26 pm »

Perhaps I should have been clearer. I have re-edited the topic title.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2010, 01:12:28 pm »

Quote from: johnbeardy
Doug, I'd appreciate it if you would amend your post and remove the quote so it doesn't look like you're directing it at me. Thanks.

Oops. Done. Thanks.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2010, 01:29:01 pm »

Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up