Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPF6300 fun factoids, and great rebate.  (Read 1460 times)

Geoff Wittig

iPF6300 fun factoids, and great rebate.
« on: June 24, 2010, 10:37:37 pm »

1) Just FYI, Canon currently has a $700 rebate on the iPF6300 that ends 6/30/10. The rebate also includes another full set of 90 ml. ink tanks, which is probably worth another $500 - $600 (U.S.). Of course, competition being what it is, they might extend the rebate past 6/30, but then again....

2) Something you might need to know if you're buying an iPF6300 for use at home. Anyone who's ever bought a wide format inkjet will tell you it's not something you just throw in the trunk of your Toyota Corolla. Even the 24" printers come in a ginormous box. I live out in the boondocks at the end of a 700' gravel drive, so this is a significant issue. When I bought an HP Z3100 back in 2007, it was delivered by a lone bored guy driving a tractor trailer. He phoned me from the end of the driveway to say "not happening, dude". The Z3100 came on a wooden pallet, but when the bands lashing it to the pallet were cut, we were able to lift the (still ginormous) box off of it. The box (just barely) fit into the back of our Subaru, so we were able to get it to the house. No, we don't own a pick up truck or a colossal SUV.

Well, the iPF6300 also comes lashed to a pallet...but the pallet is the bottom of the box. Cut the bands, and...no more box. Mounted on the pallet, it's waaaaaay too big to fit in your basic station wagon. So plan on that when you're considering delivery arrangements.

3) Oh, and it's a terrific printer. Super fast, dead-neutral black & white, and the interface/driver is a lot less squirrely than the HP's. It's also significantly more compact than either Epson's 7900 or HP's Z3200. My son & I had no trouble carrying it up a narrow winding staircase, whereas the Z3100 absolutely required three (large) people for the same task.

JeffKohn

• http://jeffk-photo.typepad.com
iPF6300 fun factoids, and great rebate.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 10:41:52 pm »

Quote from: Geoff Wittig
1) Just FYI, Canon currently has a $700 rebate on the iPF6300 that ends 6/30/10. The rebate also includes another full set of 90 ml. ink tanks, which is probably worth another $500 - $600 (U.S.). Of course, competition being what it is, they might extend the rebate past 6/30, but then again....
It originally expired on 3/30, but they extended it another quarter. I wouldn't be surprised if they extend it again, but I also wouldn't take it for granted if one is thinking about buying. Last fall I considered getting a 6100 when they had the Rebate + Free Ink deal going, but I didn't act in time; and when they extended the rebate for the next quarter it was without the free ink. (Turned out OK in the end though, since by waiting I got a great deal on the 6300).

I'm still waiting on the free ink, but the rebate check came a few weeks ago.
Jeff Kohn
[url=http://ww
Pages: [1]   Go Up