Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Conversation stopper  (Read 1358 times)

tom b

• http://tombrown.id.au
Conversation stopper
« on: June 22, 2010, 11:14:40 pm »

I was at a photo shoot at Old Parliament House on Monday and I observed something unusual. Old Parliament House is an Historic Trust building and as such has little to no internal lighting. What that meant was that I was shooting on a tripod with small apertures and long exposures. A lot were 30 second shots.

An unusual thing happened in that when I was taking these long exposures, everyone stopped talking. I was wondering if any else had experienced this silence, it just seemed so unusual?

Once in a while I do stills photography at video shoots and every has to stop talking there. Is it a follow on from video shoots?

Cheers,

Tom Brown

Rob C

Conversation stopper
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 04:56:47 am »

Quote from: tom  b
I was at a photo shoot at Old Parliament House on Monday and I observed something unusual. Old Parliament House is an Historic Trust building and as such has little to no internal lighting. What that meant was that I was shooting on a tripod with small apertures and long exposures. A lot were 30 second shots.

An unusual thing happened in that when I was taking these long exposures, everyone stopped talking. I was wondering if any else had experienced this silence, it just seemed so unusual?

Once in a while I do stills photography at video shoots and every has to stop talking there. Is it a follow on from video shoots?

Cheers,

Those Tasmanian rocks are very interesting indeed; their shapes sort of remind me of parts of Sardinia and I would imagine they'd make for a very good set of model shots. Somewhat like you and your comments regarding the sand b/ws, I wish I had taken more interest in the locations where I worked doing other things. At best, I did a few typical 'tourist' shots I thought might be stock-friendly; what a waste of opportunities I indulged in in those days!

Rob C

eddysmit

Conversation stopper
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 03:51:12 am »

Tasmanian rocks at the Old Parliament House?
No wonder the conversatian stops  
The shutter of your camera opens the gate to other dimensions  

Rob C

Conversation stopper
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 05:54:55 am »

Quote from: eddysmit
Tasmanian rocks at the Old Parliament House?
No wonder the conversatian stops  
The shutter of your camera opens the gate to other dimensions  

Aye, the wonderful world of websites!

Rob C
Pages: [1]   Go Up