Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Version 4 profile fix in 10.6.4  (Read 2590 times)

Doyle Yoder

Version 4 profile fix in 10.6.4
« on: June 22, 2010, 09:24:21 pm »

I may have missed it but I have not seen it reported here. No more gray printing on the white paper space with version 4 profiles in 10.6.4.

Doyle

na goodman

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 10:10:57 pm »

Quote from: Doyle Yoder
I may have missed it but I have not seen it reported here. No more gray printing on the white paper space with version 4 profiles in 10.6.4.

Doyle
Really, I'll have to try it. Thanks for pointing it out. I haven't run the updater yet in fear something else will go wrong.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 10:12:26 pm by na goodman »

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 11:11:26 pm »

Quote from: na goodman
Really, I'll have to try it. Thanks for pointing it out. I haven't run the updater yet in fear something else will go wrong.

I have heard some horror stories about 10.6.4, but I did my usually update routine of running all maintenance routines and deleting caches, and then booting into another partition, unmount the normal working partition, making a dick image of it, then mount and install the update to the normal working partition. After booting back into normal working partition I have had no trouble except one incident of a video freeze up in PSCS5.

Doyle

na goodman

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 11:18:24 pm »

Doyle
Yup, no gray borders when when printing from CS4 or CS5 in 10.6.4.

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 06:10:13 am »

Yup, no gray borders when when printing from CS4 or CS5 in 10.6.4.

Not so quick here. Version 4 profiles generated with ProfileMaker Pro exhibit a very light blue/gray in the paper white areas but V4 profiles generated with Monaco Profiler do not using the same rendering intent and RC intent.

Something is still not right here.

Doyle

loonsailor

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 09:16:51 am »

Looking at the test image http://www.color.org/version4html.xalter with my 10.6.4 powerbook, it seems to support only v2 from the firefox browser, but when I view the pdf with adobe reader it seems to no support v4.  This was not the case last time I checked.

I haven't had time to try printing it yet.

na goodman

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 09:17:17 am »

Not so quick here. Version 4 profiles generated with ProfileMaker Pro exhibit a very light blue/gray in the paper white areas but V4 profiles generated with Monaco Profiler do not using the same rendering intent and RC intent.

Something is still not right here.

Doyle
I give up! Either I just make all new version 2 profiles, which is ok if my i1 returns from Switzerland no less after repair or I can't believe I am saying this - I have a pc hooked up to the 9800 as a print server and I am testing out  Qimage. I know, I know, I can barley admit it, me the staunch Mac user thru and thru. I just can't deal with it anymore.

Simon J.A. Simpson

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 04:50:15 pm »

Quote from: loonsailor
Looking at the test image http://www.color.org/version4html.xalter with my 10.6.4 powerbook, it seems to support only v2 from the firefox browser, but when I view the pdf with adobe reader it seems to no support v4.  This was not the case last time I checked.

I haven't had time to try printing it yet.

Seems to view fine on Mac OSX 10.4.11 and 10.6.4 (Photoshop CS4, Safari (4 & 5) , Acrobat Reader 9.3.2, Mail, and Entourage.  Haven't tried printing yet.

na goodman

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 05:47:08 pm »

Quote from: SimonS
Seems to view fine on Mac OSX 10.4.11 and 10.6.4 (Photoshop CS4, Safari (4 & 5) , Acrobat Reader 9.3.2, Mail, and Entourage.  Haven't tried printing yet.
It wasn't a problem in Tiger and you have to print to see it.

Simon J.A. Simpson

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2010, 05:26:35 am »

It wasn't a problem in Tiger and you have to print to see it.

The instructions seem pretty clear to me:

"Is Your System ICC Version 4 Ready?
One way to find out is to view or print this page using your system.
The test image uses a mix of unusual ICC version 4 and version 2 profiles, one for each quadrant of the image.
The test exists as PDF and HTML files, as in both file formats each image can use an unique profiles."

But I have tried printing (and viewing) and the results remain the same.
With Canon printers and PS CS4 on both 10.4.11 and 10.6.4 - no problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up