Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ForSale Arca Swiss 4x5 F kit  (Read 1837 times)

RichardJohnson

ForSale Arca Swiss 4x5 F kit
« on: June 22, 2010, 06:43:13 pm »

Professional Interior / Architectural photographer in Toronto wanting to sell equipment no longer in use. It has been the backbone of my business for the past 15 years, always delivering outstanding results under every condition imaginable. All in perfect working condition, with some obvious scuffs due to many years of service. Always stored and transported in Lightware bags, this camera has been well looked after. Contact me through this post or at: interiorimages@mac.com[attachment=22737:ArcaSwiss4x5.jpg]

rcdurston

• http://www.durstonphoto.com/
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 05:40:21 am »

Quote from: RichardJohnson
Professional Interior / Architectural photographer in Toronto wanting to sell equipment no longer in use. It has been the backbone of my business for the past 15 years, always delivering outstanding results under every condition imaginable. All in perfect working condition, with some obvious scuffs due to many years of service. Always stored and transported in Lightware bags, this camera has been well looked after. Contact me through this post or at: interiorimages@mac.com[attachment=22737:ArcaSwiss4x5.jpg]
Wow, Richard, selling the Arca Swiss, what are you moving on to?
Rob

RichardJohnson

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 06:15:49 pm »

Quote from: rcdurston
Wow, Richard, selling the Arca Swiss, what are you moving on to?
Rob
Hi Rob,
Work a lot with Canon 1ds III and the tilt shifts (17, 24, 28 nikon, 35 nikon 45, 90) for interiors. For large architectural projects, I got a P45+ 2 years ago and paired it with the view camera. A frustrating experience for location work, as you always have to re-align the standards after every shot. Heavy as well for an old guy like me! The results were nice, but it was just too big and slow for my kind of work. When looking to upgrade to some new lenses I had to make a huge choice - continue with 'digital' lenses that required bellows focus, or get focusing in the barrel. I checked out the new Linhof Techno, and the Arca Rw3 (?) so I could at least migrate some of my lenses (which, btw, work beautifully with the Phase) but I found many features lacking, even though they are both 'new' designs. After more research I ended up with an ALPA Max. It is an absolute work of art! I can not say enough about how good a camera system it is! The only deal is that I need new lenses (arg!) so I am slowly building back my selection of focal lengths. I think I finally have found the quality, paired with ease of use, that I had 15 years ago with the Arca Swiss 4x5. Strange how on some levels the industry has advanced, and on others not so much! So there you have it, sad to see the Arca Swiss go, but no sense holding onto it if someone else can make use of it.
Cheers,
Richard

DennisOLeary

Re: ForSale Arca Swiss 4x5 F kit
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 04:51:45 pm »

Hello Richard,
Did I miss it? What do you want for your camera - arca swiss. I don't care about viewer nor the Polaroid.
Thank You Dennis O'Leary
dmoleary@mindspring.com

stig.garcia

Re: ForSale Arca Swiss 4x5 F kit
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 10:51:27 am »

Richard,

Have you sold this camera? If not I am interested.

Best regards,
Stig Garcia
Pages: [1]   Go Up