Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Haiti project  (Read 983 times)

reburns

• Ralph E Burns Photography
Haiti project
« on: June 22, 2010, 04:09:06 pm »

Howdy Lu-La,

This spring I was fortunate enough to go to Léogâne Haïti and lend a hand to help our earthquake-stricken neighbors nearest the epicenter.  I found a lot of things on that trip: the unshaken Haïtian resilience, tenancy and spirit, and on a personal level that when you give help freely you receive triple in return, and really the richest experience of a lifetime.  What I also found was the absence of a single standing school in operation, so am making a project to build a school there later this summer by offering up a funds matching challenge grant for half the cost of the school and fundraising for the other half.  The cost for building materials is $15,000, and combining your collective contributions of $7,500 paired with my matching contribution (about the price of a big DSLR body) will build this school.  Local parents and volunteers provide the sweat equity.  School is a privilege in Haïti, and places with basic education build infrastructure that resists calamities.

If that kind of thing tickles your spirit, paste this link:  www.hodr.org/school

Thank you, Ralph
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 04:10:33 pm by reburns »

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Haiti project
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 02:37:35 am »

Thanks for sharing the image and the story!

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t
Pages: [1]   Go Up