Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: "Double Exposure" on BravoTV  (Read 9769 times)

SeanBK

"Double Exposure" on BravoTV
« on: June 22, 2010, 08:36:56 am »

After much delay Markus Klinko & Indrani's "Double Exposure" is being shown on BravoHD on Tuesdays. I saw the first episode, the second is on tonight for anyone who is interested in seeing The Diva photographer. If he would'nt yell so..o much he may be good, though I had to agree with him atleast on one occassion in last episode. Overall not as bad as I thought it would be, though Indrani's presence did help.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 08:37:30 am by SeanBK »

JSK

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 12:00:42 pm »

Quote from: SeanBK
After much delay Markus Klinko & Indrani's "Double Exposure" is being shown on BravoHD on Tuesdays. I saw the first episode, the second is on tonight for anyone who is interested in seeing The Diva photographer. If he would'nt yell so..o much he may be good, though I had to agree with him atleast on one occassion in last episode. Overall not as bad as I thought it would be, though Indrani's presence did help.

It seems like he likes his cameras to be nothing short of extraordinary.. HERE  (())

⨀ LEICA ⨀ PHASE 1 ⨀ HASSELBLAD ⨀ MAMIYA ⨀ NIKON ⨀ CANON ⨀ PROFOTO ⨀ BRONCOLOR ⨀ ARRI ⨀ BRIESE ⨀

Frank Doorhof

• http://
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 02:39:01 pm »

Anyone has the episodes so we Europeans can watch them

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 03:07:32 pm »

Quote from: Frank Doorhof

+1

SeanBK

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 04:09:36 pm »

Quote from: Frank Doorhof

Since only one episode has aired, with second one tonight so I doubt you'll see on internet now. Hulu.com shows lotsa Bravo TV's episode on line, so may be after a while they may put it on net...I think. I believe more than likely the first sighting will be on Hulu.com  

BJNY

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 04:12:11 pm »

The first episode is a free download at the iTunes store.
Guillermo

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 04:22:58 pm »

Hulu nor iTunes offer it to European customers.

Mr. Rib

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 07:25:31 am »

I like the "U grip" he's using on the tripod. Looks like a very convenient thing to use. Anyone has an idea if it is some modded old hasselblad stuff or is it custom made grip from scratch?

UlfKrentz

• http://www.shoots.de
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 08:31:33 am »

Quote from: Mr. Rib
I like the "U grip" he's using on the tripod. Looks like a very convenient thing to use. Anyone has an idea if it is some modded old hasselblad stuff or is it custom made grip from scratch?

Hi,

looks like an old Linhof Grip probably not from 1945 but later. Just search for Klinko here in LL, it´s been disscussed before. But now we know the other side is made of mammoth tusk, oh I´d LOVE to see more of that stuff, it´s sooo funny.

Cheers, Ulf
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 09:18:59 am by UlfKrentz »

Mr. Rib

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 08:43:25 am »

Hi Ulf. Yup, I figured out that it's an old (though not so old as he claims) Linhof grip. What I'm mostly interested in is the aluminium bracket he uses. I wonder how his lupe works and if it is any different than standard chimney lupe.
And his 'mammoth handgrip' is probably made of ivory. I wouldn't be too surprised if he handpicked the elephant which is to be killed and sacrificed for his handgrip. I think I'd pass on ivory grip, along with snake skin straps...n/c
Anyway, the bracket would find its use in handheld for me. This bracket + suspenders for video solutions would be great for long hours of shooting handheld, as much as I like it with video cams.

And here's the topic Ulf has mentioned, for anyone interested out there:
http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....4&hl=klinko

« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 10:19:43 am by Mr. Rib »

Conner999

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 01:07:25 pm »

Unfortunately Bravo %^&* Canada doesn't carry it either - but I can watch Real Housewives (I'd use another label) of NY... sigh.

pixjohn

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 03:34:29 pm »

He claims his RZ and Leaf back cost $100,000, now I know why he went broke if he paid that much for it.  I only know a little about his work, but they do produce nice images in a back assward way.  I think having 2 inputs on creating an image can be a big help. They each bring something to the table. As per cutting them down, I think its uncool for other photographers to put them down.  Everyone has ups and downs on set. I am sure they are not the only photographers with an ego, I am sure every photographer wants to tell the guy shooting snap shots of your set to wank off.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 03:36:31 pm by pixjohn »

K.C.

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2010, 02:17:06 am »

Quote from: pixjohn
I am sure they are not the only photographers with an ego...

You think ?

Nah, tell me it's not so.

bcooter

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2010, 05:19:26 am »

I completely love the absurdity of this program.  It's so bad it's good and the only negative I see is it's got to be a career killer for later serious work, or maybe not, maybe it will be worth the client's money just to be involved in so much insanity, or maybe the old line is true, "there is no such thing as bad publicity".  

I really mean it, Ivory camera handles, no backups, using a purple chase in a nightclub for a camera bench and cell phone calls screaming "major drama, major drama"  is so crazy it's just off the scale and 180 from any set I've ever worked on.

It's funny, about 7 years ago I endeavored to write a script with a screenwriter about a fashion photographer that was all drama.  He even had an assistant named Pistole that dressed in a silver jump suit and would only communicate using a PDA (this was pre I phone days).

We dropped the idea because we never thought anyone would believe it.

Now . . . well I guess we were wrong.

BC

fredjeang

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2010, 06:39:51 am »

Quote from: bcooter
I completely love the absurdity of this program.  It's so bad it's good and the only negative I see is it's got to be a career killer for later serious work, or maybe not, maybe it will be worth the client's money just to be involved in so much insanity, or maybe the old line is true, "there is no such thing as bad publicity".  

I really mean it, Ivory camera handles, no backups, using a purple chase in a nightclub for a camera bench and cell phone calls screaming "major drama, major drama"  is so crazy it's just off the scale and 180 from any set I've ever worked on.

It's funny, about 7 years ago I endeavored to write a script with a screenwriter about a fashion photographer that was all drama.  He even had an assistant named Pistole that dressed in a silver jump suit and would only communicate using a PDA (this was pre I phone days).

We dropped the idea because we never thought anyone would believe it.

Now . . . well I guess we were wrong.

BC
We should never underestimate the power of caricature.

But BC, if one day you cross this line for the fun or money, make sure that you use another name, like BCooter or whatever.
Because the price to pay is also very high.

I remember in France, there was a very very good drama actor but he went famous because of its roles in these kind of series.
Then he had to fight during 20 years to get rid off this etiquette and being finally recognised for what he was capable.
It was not fun.

Just make sure you won't use your real name.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 08:56:16 am by fredjeang »

ondebanks

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2010, 09:46:15 am »

Quote from: John-S
Episode 1, he said $60K. Episode 2, he said $100K. Take it with a grain of salt. The show is somewhat interesting to watch actually.

Also take the mammoth thing with a pinch of salt. He claims it's 50 million years old. Mammoths didn't even exist then. The largest mammals were like rodents. If he'd said 50 thousand years old, he'd have been closer, considering the beast was found in ice - it had to have died in a recent glacial period.

The other grip looks like a Linhof alright. The earlier ones were flesh coloured, weren't they? So it's probably a later one. Hardly 1945.

Now - back to work on my Dell i7 PC, dating from 1872.

Mr. Rib

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2010, 12:12:01 pm »

His RZ is worth $100 000 (sometimes worth 60k depending on the weather), he has a handgrip made of a 50 million y.o. mammoth and has a 1945 Linhof grip which was produced probably in early 90s. All other things about him and his work are more or less as valid and true as aforementioned things.  If Bruno wanted to pursue a career of fashion photographer, it would be 100% Klinko, probably with addition of some human-tripods.  Nevertheless, I like his aluminium bracket for RZ

--
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 12:19:35 pm by Mr. Rib »

Imaginara

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2010, 02:48:37 am »

Bruno as a fashion photographer. Now that would be a series i'd watch

(Though you do have the good ol Bruce Testones (youtube that ;D )

PaulSchneider

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2010, 10:11:57 am »

For the Europeans amongst us:

1. You can watch the free episode by setting up a US itunes account without payment options. This is easy, there are many instructions of this on youtube.

-> This will get you the 1st episode.

2. The second episode costs money though, so you can't watch it without a US credit card ...

Regards

K.C.

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2010, 10:54:20 pm »

Quote from: PaulSchneider
2. The second episode costs money though...
Regards

After watching the first episode you will realize what an absolute waste of time this series is and you won't feel like your missing a thing.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 10:54:39 pm by K.C. »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up