Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Schneider 72 or Rodenstock 70 HR  (Read 2828 times)

PaulSchneider

Schneider 72 or Rodenstock 70 HR
« on: June 21, 2010, 04:21:48 pm »

Hi guys!

I'm thinking of buying one of these lenses. But I'm not sure which one to prefer and for what reason.

The have similar specs, for example both sport an image circle of 100.

Also I read somewhere that Schneider is considered better in terms of distortion and the Rodies are generally sharp even wide open.

I'd be very happy if somebody could tell me whether one is sharper or not, it appears to me they're about the same?

Regards

Paul

BobDavid

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 04:31:29 pm »

Quote from: PaulSchneider
Hi guys!

I'm thinking of buying one of these lenses. But I'm not sure which one to prefer and for what reason.

The have similar specs, for example both sport an image circle of 100.

Also I read somewhere that Schneider is considered better in terms of distortion and the Rodies are generally sharp even wide open.

I'd be very happy if somebody could tell me whether one is sharper or not, it appears to me they're about the same?

Regards

Paul
I use a Schneider 72 Digitar and it is the sharpest lens with the least amount of distortion that I own.

PaulSchneider

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 04:32:54 pm »

Quote from: BobDavid
I use a Schneider 72 Digitar and it is the sharpest lens with the least amount of distortion that I own.

How much acceptable movement do you get with it? And what sensor do you use it on?

Regards

Paul

Optechs Digital

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 04:44:21 pm »

Hi Paul,

I have spent a lot of time with these two lenses.  Bottom line is you will be happy with either one.  I think for most people it comes down to a decision of physical size versus image circle.  The Rodenstock image circle is about 100mm while the Schneider is around 90mm.  The Schneider is considerably smaller and lighter weight.  In my opinion they are both fantastic wide open but Rodenstock gets a slight nod in this respect.

Hope this helps.

Paul
Paul Slotboom  
Optechs Digital   Visit My Website
Seattle  206-343-9900

PaulSchneider

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 05:23:04 pm »

Quote from: Optechs Digital
Hi Paul,

I have spent a lot of time with these two lenses.  Bottom line is you will be happy with either one.  I think for most people it comes down to a decision of physical size versus image circle.  The Rodenstock image circle is about 100mm while the Schneider is around 90mm.  The Schneider is considerably smaller and lighter weight.  In my opinion they are both fantastic wide open but Rodenstock gets a slight nod in this respect.

Hope this helps.

Paul

Hey Paul

Wow thank you for this bit of information! You must know since you have both at your disposal ... ! May I ask, do you already know when to expect the famed 28 XL super digitar?

Kind regards

Paul

Optechs Digital

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 05:32:59 pm »

I believe the goal is to have it ready by Photokina.  No promises though.

Best,
Paul

Quote from: PaulSchneider
Hey Paul

Wow thank you for this bit of information! You must know since you have both at your disposal ... ! May I ask, do you already know when to expect the famed 28 XL super digitar?

Kind regards

Paul
Paul Slotboom  
Optechs Digital   Visit My Website
Seattle  206-343-9900
Pages: [1]   Go Up