Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One for Leaf AFi and Leaf back owners  (Read 1395 times)

Neil Folberg

• http://www.visiongallery.com
Capture One for Leaf AFi and Leaf back owners
« on: June 20, 2010, 11:10:04 am »

Hello,

Maybe you all knew this, but certainly no one told me about it before (certainly not anyone at Leaf): Capture One is free for at least some Leaf digital back owners, including for a change, owners of the late, great Leaf AFi.  I just downloaded it after receiving the message quoted below below from Phase One support.

Expressions Media is also free.

This is a rare feeling for those of us with the AFi during the turbulence of the past year, but it makes me feel like a valued customer instead of a cast-off. Haven't tried it tethered yet, but I hope to soon. That means updated software will continue to be available for this camera.

Neil

[blockquote]Hi Neil,

DB mode - or its proper title - Digital Back mode is selected from the licence menu. It has all the features of Pro but only supports digital back files.

As a premium customer (one who owns our hardware products), we want you to get the most out of it. This verison of the software is free for life and fully featured.

Download 5.1.2, Install and go to the actviation/licence menu, choose run in DB mode - and as long as you have a supported digital back, away you go.

Currently we have a few limitations with Leaf backs (LCC and remote capture to name a few) but R+D are hard at work to get implementation up to speed for the next release.

Hope this answers all your questions. Please contact me if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
James[/blockquote]
Phase One Support

eccwong

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 10:27:43 am »

Neil,

Thanks for sharing the information. The Capture One works great after download but can not get the Expression Media since there is no License key for the DB version. Can you advise how did you get the Expression Media? Thanks for your help.

Eric

Quote from: Neil Folberg
Hello,

Maybe you all knew this, but certainly no one told me about it before (certainly not anyone at Leaf): Capture One is free for at least some Leaf digital back owners, including for a change, owners of the late, great Leaf AFi.  I just downloaded it after receiving the message quoted below below from Phase One support.

Expressions Media is also free.

This is a rare feeling for those of us with the AFi during the turbulence of the past year, but it makes me feel like a valued customer instead of a cast-off. Haven't tried it tethered yet, but I hope to soon. That means updated software will continue to be available for this camera.

Neil

[blockquote]Hi Neil,

DB mode - or its proper title - Digital Back mode is selected from the licence menu. It has all the features of Pro but only supports digital back files.

As a premium customer (one who owns our hardware products), we want you to get the most out of it. This verison of the software is free for life and fully featured.

Download 5.1.2, Install and go to the actviation/licence menu, choose run in DB mode - and as long as you have a supported digital back, away you go.

Currently we have a few limitations with Leaf backs (LCC and remote capture to name a few) but R+D are hard at work to get implementation up to speed for the next release.

Hope this answers all your questions. Please contact me if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
James[/blockquote]
Phase One Support

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 10:34:32 am »

Quote from: eccwong
Neil,

Thanks for sharing the information. The Capture One works great after download but can not get the Expression Media since there is no License key for the DB version. Can you advise how did you get the Expression Media? Thanks for your help.

Eric

Hi Eric, follow this link to get a free copy of Expression Media 2

Yair
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 11:01:05 am by yaya »
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |
Pages: [1]   Go Up