Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: photoshop CS5 incorrect screen colour  (Read 4058 times)

kers

• Pieter Kers
photoshop CS5 incorrect screen colour
« on: June 18, 2010, 09:44:47 pm »

hello, I just did twice a clean install of photoshop CS5 on a clean installed macosx 10.6.4

To my surprise the colours did not look as they should- the images were too bright like a wrong gamma
. I checked the calibration of my screen and the I opened the same image in photoshop CS3 and in preview.

In both of them the colours are correct. The problem makes cs5 useless to me.

I made a new account and installed cs5 again but no change. It is an english version of photoshop while i work in dutch, but i do not think that is the problem.

Is there someone that can help me out or do other people experience the same problem..?

please let me know
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 11:14:53 pm »

Did you notice the problem in OSX 10.6.3?  I have not updated to 10.6.4 yet and everything looks perfect here...
Jack
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 03:41:54 am »

Quote from: Jack Flesher
Did you notice the problem in OSX 10.6.3?  I have not updated to 10.6.4 yet and everything looks perfect here...

jack-
Puh-No just was happy to start of new again . and everything seems to work fine but this... I spend a long day doing nothing...but computer...
It is not possible going back to 6.3, so there goes another day...

It puzzlles me- what can be the cause - but with computers - you better do not think to long.
I know it is not the GPU ....

Good to hear everything works fine with you.!  Must say I never had this before..  at least Cs3 works good and i like CS3 better in some ways - I miss a lot of good old stuff in CS5
CS3 is not 64 bit that is the main problem.

Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 04:46:47 am »

Ha I think I have a fix!

It is not the right fix but it works and was easy to do.
 I stopped using adobe CMM and switched to apple CMM.

In Bridge the colours look normal so the problem is only affecting photoshop CMM.

leaving the screen problems and going to print output- it seems that CS3 prints too dark and CS5 prins well using apple CMM. (using the same profiles- rendering intent etc. )
( all OSX 10.6.4- using photoshop from the english production premium box)

More important they are not the same.
Maybe it is only my problem but maybe not.

cheers

Pieter Kers
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 08:37:13 am by kers »
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 10:29:03 am »

One thing that sometimes happens to me with CS is my custom color settings default back to the CS built-in sRGB standard -- this has been a random bug since CS3 and happens on both my desktop and laptop installations. And it drives me nuts since it can have an effect on how screen image colors render.  In color prefs, I use the Adobe CMM, but set my working space to ProPhoto. Depending on desired output, I'll then set my rendering intent to either RC or Perceptual, and always use BPC.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 10:30:18 am by Jack Flesher »
Jack
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 05:52:53 am »

to end this topic..
I reinstalled everything from scratch again and it seems photoshop CS5 gives good colors on screen and in print.

However I also installed Photoshop CS3 for the web and contact sheet i like to use - and see the screen colors are OK but the it prints darker...?

Being practical i only will print from CS5.

By the way i have read that the GPU drivers have become slower in 10.6.4 compared tot 10.6.3...

( hardmac.com)

Jack thank you for the feedback

PK

Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la
Pages: [1]   Go Up