Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: You should totally apologize to BP  (Read 1914 times)

DarkPenguin

You should totally apologize to BP
« on: June 18, 2010, 07:31:20 pm »

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 09:06:29 am »

It is moments such as these where the motivations and intelligence of the top dogs are presented as clearly as they can be.  

Rob C

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 03:44:43 am »

Quote from: Justan
It is moments such as these where the motivations and intelligence of the top dogs are presented as clearly as they can be.  

Again, I have to agree with you, Justan!

And if you go to the link and manage to force-read the comments you will see how brilliantly the underdogs represent themselves too, in a fine mélange of rustic swamp pop logic and quasi-truth.

(I must state here that I have no money in BP. And not much in the bank anymore either, thanks to the entrepreneurial expertise of US banking heads and the domestic purchases of which they approved.  I read that BP's chief is being crititicised anew for having been near a yacht recently rather than concentrating on winding himself up into an even further advanced state of hopeless and pointless mental breakdown. I expect that Mr and Mrs Obama will shortly announce that they have sworn to sleep in separate bedrooms until every grain of southern sand is pristine once more, and every alligator flashes that Colgate smile!)

Meanwhile, back in the gloop, gloop, plop...

Ah, the wonderful world in which we live!

Rob C

Mike Louw

• http://www.dreaminglight.com
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 09:42:17 am »

Quote from: Rob C
(....  I read that BP's chief is being crititicised anew for having been near a yacht recently rather than concentrating on winding himself up into an even further advanced state of hopeless and pointless mental breakdown. I expect that Mr and Mrs Obama will shortly announce that they have sworn to sleep in separate bedrooms until every grain of southern sand is pristine once more, and every alligator flashes that Colgate smile!)

Rob C

I hear that the people directly responsible for the errors which led to the leak (the word "spill" suggests a short term, once-off process) were subcontractors to BP and were not British.....However I don't think apportioning blame is of much use. If we didn't demand oil, there would be no need for suppliers.

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 10:22:07 am »

Quote from: Mike Louw

I hear that the people directly responsible for the errors which led to the leak (the word "spill" suggests a short term, once-off process) were subcontractors to BP and were not British.....However I don't think apportioning blame is of much use. If we didn't demand oil, there would be no need for suppliers.

Amen and Q.E.D...

Rob C
Pages: [1]   Go Up