Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom or CS5: which one?  (Read 10216 times)

seamus finn

Lightroom or CS5: which one?
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2010, 11:43:10 am »

OK guys, I'm using a trial version of LR3. I right click on an image and I deliberately select  edit in CS4 - not CS5 which is also installed (trial). The menu you show here doesn't come up - the usual EDIT A COPY etc appears.

What would have to be happening to enable your menu? In retrospect, it's possible that I may have chosen to render all my files to the new engine when I activated LR3 and thus, your rendering menu isn't applicable? I seem to remember being asked some such question after opening LR3 for the first time. (I've been using the Beta since the beginning.)

I didn't mean this to become a 'how to' on the interaction between LR3 and CS5 and I'm sure my question is answered elsewhere. However, the issue may be of interested to those trying to decide between the two apps.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 12:01:59 pm by seamus finn »

francois

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2010, 12:45:05 pm »

Quote from: seamus finn
OK guys, I'm using a trial version of LR3. I right click on an image and I deliberately select  edit in CS4 - not CS5 which is also installed (trial). The menu you show here doesn't come up - the usual EDIT A COPY etc appears.

What would have to be happening to enable your menu? In retrospect, it's possible that I may have chosen to render all my files to the new engine when I activated LR3 and thus, your rendering menu isn't applicable? I seem to remember being asked some such question after opening LR3 for the first time. (I've been using the Beta since the beginning.)

I didn't mean this to become a 'how to' on the interaction between LR3 and CS5 and I'm sure my question is answered elsewhere. However, the issue may be of interested to those trying to decide between the two apps.
Seamus,
I'm out of my office/home and don't have a computer with me (just an iPhone). The dialog screenshot was made with Lightroom 2.7 and Photoshop CS3. I don' know if Lightroom 3 displays the same dialog. I'll have a look tomorrow morning. The dialog you mention isn't unknown to me and I got the same one if I try to "Edit in Photoshop" from LR 2.7 to PS CS2.
I'll get back to you as soon as possible, sorry again.
Francois

seamus finn

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2010, 01:32:54 pm »

No worries, Francois.  Since my last post, I went back over some files, managed to locate one which obviously hadn't been rendered and sure enough, up popped the menu you referred to.

I've been trying out CS5 and LR3 in tendem  - very smooth interaction. However, I'm coming to the conclusion that LR3 is where my first outlay of upgrade  cash will go on this occasion.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 01:34:36 pm by seamus finn »

francois

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2010, 05:36:01 am »

Quote from: seamus finn

I've been trying out CS5 and LR3 in tendem  - very smooth interaction. However, I'm coming to the conclusion that LR3 is where my first outlay of upgrade  cash will go on this occasion.
I would have reached the same conclusion.
Have a good day!
Francois

James DeMoss

• http://jbdemossphotography.com/aboutus.aspx
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2010, 10:52:15 am »

LR3 & CS5 work so well together. I use LR3 about 70% of the time. If i have an important shoot, i use them both. Really there is no one program that can do it all but ADODE is getting closer
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up