Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Link to story about restricting video or get arrested  (Read 1216 times)

lightstand

Link to story about restricting video or get arrested
« on: June 15, 2010, 04:19:30 pm »

http://gizmodo.com/5553765/are-cameras-the-new-guns

I find this story very disturbing and if a cop was waving a gun on a traffic stop I'm not sure how that can be embarrassing if there is no proper cause then I think (mho) that the video should be seen as evidence and or proof as to the need to wave his gun around.  Of course right now here in Maryland we have a cop charged with gunning down an unarmed veteran. So I guess the proper approach would be to ignore any checks and balances the general public might have against the authorities

p.s. as a tripod using photographer I do find this relevant because it amazes me how I am perceived as terrorist #1 when I set up my harmless bogen
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 04:54:02 pm by lightstand »

Rob C

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 02:08:46 pm »

Quote from: lightstand
http://gizmodo.com/5553765/are-cameras-the-new-guns

I find this story very disturbing and if a cop was waving a gun on a traffic stop I'm not sure how that can be embarrassing if there is no proper cause then I think (mho) that the video should be seen as evidence and or proof as to the need to wave his gun around.  Of course right now here in Maryland we have a cop charged with gunning down an unarmed veteran. So I guess the proper approach would be to ignore any checks and balances the general public might have against the authorities

p.s. as a tripod using photographer I do find this relevant because it amazes me how I am perceived as terrorist #1 when I set up my harmless bogen

As in war, where truth becomes the first casualty, so in peace does common sense.

But then, you don't have to go to North America to run into official insanity - what about the spying on rubbish bin content that some councils in the UK employ - or should that be, enjoy?

Rob C

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 02:22:11 pm »

Quote from: Rob C
what about the spying on rubbish bin content that some councils in the UK employ - or should that be, enjoy?

Rob C
It doesn't happen, Rob. It was rumoured but never implemented.

Jeremy

Rob C

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 05:14:35 pm »

Quote from: kikashi
It doesn't happen, Rob. It was rumoured but never implemented.

Jeremy

That's just because they've all been stolen!

Rob C

Edit: that's a nasty sore throat you've got.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 05:16:17 pm by Rob C »
Pages: [1]   Go Up