Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some of my photos  (Read 1264 times)

GeorgePoulos

Some of my photos
« on: June 14, 2010, 03:57:49 pm »

Im just a hobbyist and just enjoy taking photos of anything I can. Any tips are welcome but its all just for fun.  Any technical or detailed analysis may be lost on me but i am trying to learn, so that my photos can be fun for others and not just me.  

Great blooming plant on a tree

A sunflower looking like its waving

A colorful swamp

A sunlit path

A murky swamp with floating green moss

A honey suckle reaching out
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 12:14:39 am by GeorgePoulos »

GeorgePoulos

Some of my photos
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 03:58:26 pm »

One of my favorite photos. It shows a little boy running, girls sunning, balloons, the beach and planes in the sky. Just a great example of beach life.

This is great because the lady in the photo kept pointing in the wrong direction when the planes would fly over!! I finally got a pic of it.

Im starting an sepia old dock collection

A blue frog not native to the area where these pictures were taken!

Well I hope you enjoyed some of my stuff. Tips and advice certainly appreciated.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 04:00:24 pm by GeorgePoulos »

Ed Blagden

Some of my photos
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 02:22:02 am »

Quote from: GeorgePoulos
One of my favorite photos. It shows a little boy running, girls sunning, balloons, the beach and planes in the sky. Just a great example of beach life.

Well I hope you enjoyed some of my stuff. Tips and advice certainly appreciated.

George

Welcome to this forum.

One general point is that if you want critique or advice it is advisable to post only one image at a time, unless the images are part of a coherent series.

Anyway, I'll pick out this one.  The beach, sky and those kite things make a great background, full of visual interest.  Problem is, they are a great background for something, and that something isn't there in the photo; it needs a foreground subject.

Ed

GeorgePoulos

Some of my photos
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 04:13:29 pm »

Quote from: Ed Blagden
George

Welcome to this forum.

One general point is that if you want critique or advice it is advisable to post only one image at a time, unless the images are part of a coherent series.

Anyway, I'll pick out this one.  The beach, sky and those kite things make a great background, full of visual interest.  Problem is, they are a great background for something, and that something isn't there in the photo; it needs a foreground subject.

Ed

Hi. And yeah I agree that the photo doesnt have a foreground subject but it was intended to show a typical day at the beach. Not one specific thing but i was trying to capture an overall feeling of beach life, showing little bits of everything. And ill limit my future posts to just one photo or a series. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up