Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: John Mack Collins Photographic Estate Sale  (Read 3345 times)

KylePetrozza

John Mack Collins Photographic Estate Sale
« on: June 11, 2010, 01:56:34 am »

Hello,

Earlier this year John Collins, a fine art photographer from Louisiana and a regular contributor to this forum passed away unexpectedly.

I, on behalf of his widow, am handling the sale of his photographic equipment. She had mentioned to me that John frequented the site and had himself purchased and sold equipment from other photographers here. Due to the more than 80 items originally put up for sale, we created a website to handle all of the traffic and to ease the burden of marketing all of the products.

http://www.collinsphotosale.com

Some products I'd like to highlight are: Brand new Hasselblad H4D-50; Hasselblad 80mm & 120mm Macro lenses, Lee filters, hoods, and cases; an Epson Stylus Pro 9800 44" printer; quite a large supply of high quality papers; a LevelHead S1, Lightware cases, Really Right Stuff plates and rails, and the list goes on. John was meticulous in the care and use of his equipment and it shows. Many items are still in their original packaging.

I invite you to visit the site, browse, pass the link along to others, and by all means contact me with any questions you may have.

Thank you,

Kyle Petrozza
Kyle@KylePetrozza.com

ssherman

• http://www.shermanphoto.com
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 02:35:41 pm »

No offense meant and I'm sure you mean to benifit his heirs as much as possible but the prices being asked for used gear are way to close to new in my opinion.

From a buyers point of view, one would expect some savings for the hassle and uncertainty of buying used over new, hence the lower value.

You should check market prices on this stuff.

IMHO

Jeff-Grant

• http://www.jeff-grant.com
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 05:42:29 pm »

Quote from: ssherman
No offense meant and I'm sure you mean to benifit his heirs as much as possible but the prices being asked for used gear are way to close to new in my opinion.

From a buyers point of view, one would expect some savings for the hassle and uncertainty of buying used over new, hence the lower value.

You should check market prices on this stuff.

IMHO

I agree, I was interested in some of it until I saw the price. It's just not realistic.
Cheers,
 Jeff  www.jeff-grant.com

KylePetrozza

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 06:01:50 pm »

No offense taken.

When pricing the items I did do market research. I checked the retail prices of items at B&H, the industry standard. For used prices I checked the completed auctions listings for each item that could be found on eBay.

The prices are stated as "asking" prices thus inviting negotiation. Many items have already sold at their asking price and I've dropped down for others. If there are things you are interested in but are priced to high for you, get in touch and we'll talk.

Out of curiosity, which items sparked these responses?

A final note: The pricing was discussed at length with John's wife. I was told that John would wanted to have gotten the best price for his gear. Thus explains my current pricing.

I'm serious, get in touch and let me know what you're interested in and we'll see what we can do.

Cheers,

Kyle

pcunite

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 06:11:08 pm »

What was the gentleman's website?

KylePetrozza

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 10:07:10 pm »

Quote from: pcunite
What was the gentleman's website?

To the best of my knowledge it was taken down after his death. It was a work in progress and he, "wouldn't have wanted that to be his lasting mark" according to his widow.

-Kyle

KylePetrozza

Re: John Mack Collins Photographic Estate Sale
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 12:21:11 pm »

Greetings again all,

Three months in and the sale has gone well but there are still items available. These remaining items have been reduced in price and are up for negotiations.

Come by and have a look to see what's left and as before, feel free to contact me with any comments, questions, concerns, orders, etc... at Kyle@KylePetrozza.com

www.CollinsPhotoSale.com

Thanks,

Kyle
Pages: [1]   Go Up