Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 7900 Error Code 1530  (Read 2470 times)

mkravit

Epson 7900 Error Code 1530
« on: June 10, 2010, 10:33:21 pm »

About two months ago I received an Error Code 1530 on my Epson 7900. The printer LCD panels says to cycle the printer off and then back on. If this does not fix it then call tech support for maintenance. When turning the printer on, it makes a fairly loud clank on the left side and fails into the 1530 code.

Well, I called tech support, took 1-1/2 weeks for the guy to find his way to my place, told me that the printer developed a problem due to dust on some part or another. In all honesty, I was out of the office when he was there, but it sounded like BS as the printer was only a month old.

Today, the printer once again fails to initialize and gives the same 1530 Error. Since the tech was last here, I have run two (2) 17x22 prints so I doubt it is a dust issue.

Anyone know what the 1530 error message actually is? I searched Epson's website and found nothing.

Mike

mkravit

Epson 7900 Error Code 1530
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 02:57:07 pm »

The Epson repair guy came out and fixed the printer. The 1530 error code is related to the pinch roller sensor. As it turned out, they changes the sensor and it still failed, they ten changed the small 6" long white wires attaching the sensor to the circuit board and everything started working again. It seems that there was a bad wire.

M.
Pages: [1]   Go Up