Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photographic associations  (Read 1558 times)

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
Photographic associations
« on: June 10, 2010, 01:41:11 pm »

Let's start a thread of photographic associations, photos which are somehow visually or conceptually associated with the preceding shot. Bonus points for cleverness and originality! Please include a brief explanation of the association if it's not blatantly obvious.

One photo per post, please. No other restrictions: anything goes, from iPhone to Seitz, from Velvia to Foveon, from landscapes to astrophotography. Cat pictures at your own risk.

Here's the closest thing to a kick-off I have in my portfolio  Canon 550D, ISO 100 with 135mm f/2L @ 1/4000 sec at f/2.5.

The follow-up could post a photo with horses or sand castles, or for a more abstract association perhaps a shot of the (bright, round, orange) sun.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 04:57:21 pm by feppe »

dwdallam

• http://www.dwdallam.com
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 04:25:35 pm »

This is a really good exercise. Although I've been doing mostly fashion, models, alt photography the past year, I'll be sure to try and play. Good exercise.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 04:48:10 pm »

Sports on a beach.  Unfortunately, my Saskatchewan horse shots are still on film, not digital and I don't often shoot people.  This was made with an old 6MP camera.  Remember those?

Mike

[attachment=22536:0923.jpg]

P.S.  If you like this sort of game, there are a lot of them on this Flickr group: The World Through My Eyes
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 02:11:29 am by wolfnowl »
If your mind is attuned t

Richowens

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 05:25:34 pm »

Goat rock surfer

Another 6 megapixel image.

Rich
Pages: [1]   Go Up